• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ASTRO Spectra W3-Inhibited While Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KURT12520

I was programming my ASTRO Spectra W3 VHF 110w when I got Error Code on the HHCH 01/82. I re-powered it and I got a message "This Radio Has Been Inhibited by Dispatch...Dispatch must uninhibit or you must use a depot tool".
I read the original codeplug first and saved it. I tried to program the original codeplug and got the same message subsequently. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
The flashcode is 580001-001000-8. Firmware 8.03, DSP I06.01.00.
Model No: T99DX+088W_ASTRO
ID No: T04KLH9PW3AN

KURT12520

I am in NY, I purchased it from a Ham in Michigan. He had it operating out of band with no issues. It had 53 conventional channels programmed with 4 scan lists and 4 zones. I deleted them to 3 zones with 2 scan lists and 27 channels. I powered the radio up, a technician at my local Motorola Shop tested it and it was within specs prior to me making changes for programming.
I saved the original codeplug just in case but I am disappointed now to say the least.

K

kb0nly

Here is the million dollar question....

What did you program it to? Was it monitoring a system it shouldn't be?

bezking

Here is the million dollar question....

What did you program it to? Was it monitoring a system it shouldn't be?
But it doesn't even have trunking in the flash - is there such a thing as conventional inhibit on the Astro series? (I know the Marine Corps XTS2500s have that "conventional tactial inhibit" thing but that's supposedly a restricted option)

Last edited:

Motoflightmedic

Premium Subscriber
Is this the flash on the tag or the flash in the radio information page when you read it with cps. I wonder if it wasnt upgraded sometime in its life to do trunking and the flashport upgrade decal has fell off. If you happen to be in range of a federal trunking system they could have stunned it for you. they may have not unprogrammed the system when they took it out of service. I bought one of these off ebay a while back and it was read to go on a federal TRS. Fortunately i am in the sticks and not with in range of any TRS all i had to do was delete the systems out. The radio i bought had a new sticker over the flash code on the tag. The good news is the radio can probably be recovered by someone with the proper tools.

Last edited:

RKG

But it doesn't even have trunking in the flash - is there such a thing as conventional inhibit on the Astro series? (I know the Marine Corps XTS2500s have that "conventional tactial inhibit" thing but that's supposedly a restricted option)

How about an MDC1200 "radio kill?"

grem467

Radios that are inhibited don't show 01/82... The code plug got corrupted and cps is throwing an error during unpack. You will need to send it to the depot to have it repaired.

rc50won

Premium Subscriber
Keep trying to push a known good codeplug into the radio. 01/82 errors are a corrupted codeplug and most of the time you can overcome it by getting a known good codeplug to reload. Have some patience.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.