• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro systems greyed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphagamma

Premium Subscriber
Hi Folks,
Quick (probably dumb) question. I bought a spectra under the impression it was an astro spectra so I could talk/monitor p25. Well went to program it today and there is no astro systems option in the conventional list. The model # is T04KLH9PW9AN. Just confused as to why this isn't working, hopefully someone here can explain.

Attachments

• rrquestion.jpg
    rrquestion.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 678
What is the flash code of the radio? Have you tried to setup a astro channel under the conventional personality first? It's been awhile since I have programmed an astro spectra so I could be wrong. However not all astro spectra radios were flashed for p25.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you can read it with Astro Spectra CPS, it's an Astro Spectra.

Post your flashcode, DSP and Firmware versions.

Chances are you've got an analog only radio.

alphagamma

Premium Subscriber
Flashcode: 000001-002000-5
and I have unknowns for the firmware and DSP in cps so I'll try reading it again in a bit.

alphagamma

Premium Subscriber
Anyway to change this or is it a hardware issue?
Edit: was able to figure it out myself on P25 forums. Thanks for the help folks!

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
You need to send it to someone to have digital added and your firmware refreshed.

You could do it yourself but the likelihood of you having an iButton, SmartRib and Flash cable are probably low.

kayfox

Let me further clarify what MikeOxlong is getting at:

By default, ASTRO radios with Analog Only operation are flashed with analog only DSP code (the version starts with an A), they therefore will not support digital operation until they are upgraded with digital DSP code (IIRC version starts with an I).

alphagamma

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I figure I will talk to some shops in the area and see if any of them would be willing to do it. I have everything but the iButton and I know the cost of those is pretty high. Just learning about these radios now that I have all the programming equipment and got one pretty cheap at auction. Thanks again guys

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Your biggest problem is going to be purchasing the flash that enables digital. Motorola doesn't support that radio anymore so purchasing the flash from them will be next to impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.