• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT D878UVII Plus

Cycle11111

I have a new D878UVII Plus. I have it working on both analog and DMR. On DMR I have it working on multiple TGs through both my Skybridge hotspot plus DMR repeaters. However, when on the Skybridge it pulls up the contact information to see callsign etc but on the DMR repeater the audio is great from this repeater but the contact information never pulls up. Any idea why why this is occuring.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Talker alias is most likely not enabled on the repeater.

Going forward I don't really care for the world wide DMR database. I only enter the.the.ids of hams talk with on regular bases.

AA4BK

I just got one of these radios and am looking for a code plug, especially for the Raleigh North Carolina area but really any code plug at all. Preferably one that includes the DMR repeaters, especially PRN. It looks like there isn't much out there as far as code plugs for this unit, maybe because it's still fairly new. So far I've just been digging through the manual and online guides and trying to make my own.

rescuecomm

I'm sure that I started with an D868UV codeplug that came off of the SCHEART.US web page. The SC network is connected with the NC-PRN network. The dates are 2019, but better than starting from scratch.