AT&T: Strictly for losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

I like the AT&T commercials better, but Sprint FTW. $80.00 a month for unlimited everything, that includes tethering and using my HTC as a wireless hotspot for those poor AT&T users to connect to so they don't get charged extra. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
While I've thoroughly enjoyed my iPhone, I'm considering a change to VZW and the Droid when my contract expires. In the interim I've had little difficulty with my iPhone, but as stated in the article were it not for said iPhone I would not be an AT&T customer in all probability.

shaft

While I've thoroughly enjoyed my iPhone, I'm considering a change to VZW and the Droid when my contract expires. In the interim I've had little difficulty with my iPhone, but as stated in the article were it not for said iPhone I would not be an AT&T customer in all probability.

You wont be disappointed by going that route. I got the Droid the day it came out and ditched the blackberry. I've been really happy with it and the Droid can do pretty much everything that the BB could do.

Funny thing, 3 guys I work with were happy iPhone owners and switched within the last week or so to the Droid, 2 of which paid a hefty ETF to switch.

I wouldn't recommend paying a high ETF just for the Droid, but I would recommend the switch when your obligation with ATT is up.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I like the AT&T commercials better, but Sprint FTW. $80.00 a month for unlimited everything, that includes tethering and using my HTC as a wireless hotspot for those poor AT&T users to connect to so they don't get charged extra. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

+1

I have a Palm Pre with Sprint and I love it. I pay $120 a month for 2 lines with 1500 minutes and unlimited data, text, etc. It's also great that with Sprint you get unlimited calling to any mobile number on any network for free.

Just so you know...Unless you have a separate Phone As Modem plan, tethering isn't allowed under your user agreement even though you get "unlimited" data. If you tether too much, Sprint will figure it out and charge you for the data or terminate your account. I love being able to use my Pre as a Wifi hotspot, I just make sure not to use it too much.

Last edited:

Astrak

+1

I have a Palm Pre with Sprint and I love it. I pay $120 a month for 2 lines with 1500 minutes and unlimited data, text, etc. It's also great that with Sprint you get unlimited calling to any mobile number on any network for free.

Just so you know...Unless you have a separate Phone As Modem plan, tethering isn't allowed under your user agreement even though you get "unlimited" data. If you tether too much, Sprint will figure it out and charge you for the data or terminate your account. I love being able to use my Pre as a Wifi hotspot, I just make sure not to use it too much.

It's a registry change in WinMo. Or like I have done, loaded a custom ROM OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/04/09 - PPCGeeks , but yeah if it goes over a crazy amount they might notice something. I don't use it all that often just when on the road and that's about it.

Hmm I didn't know the Pre did that, did it come that way from Sprint or did you change something with it?

I have had ATT for a while now and mostly stayed on for the iPhone but I think there are better phones out there and it seems that VZW and ATT have the same pricing for the same type of packages.

ATT just imposed a data package on every smartphone. So if you had a smartphone without data, now you will at $30/month.

ATT does have the worst customer service.

I will consider switching to VZW if they lower their prices on their packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.