At the risk of sounding stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zootique

I know nothing of all the lingo I'm reading in here, and the radio frequency jargon is greek to me. I do know however, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to my iphone police scanner while working night shift, in Roseville. I know the drill, they have been rebanded etc. Is there any way I can listen to them if I went and bought one at radio shack? And if so how? Thanks in advance for ANY input.

crucialcolin

Yes you would just need a scanner that supports trunking and re-banding. They are in the 800mhz band. I currently use an older Uniden Bearcat 246T which does and it works perfectly for monitoring both Roseville PD and Fire.

I'm not sure what Radioshack sells now but they should have quite a few that work. I would also recommend picking up the RS-800 antenna over the stock rubber antenna they sell there as it performs really well with Roseville. That is if you aren't planing to listen to other surrounding agencies in placer such as the sheriff dep, rocklin, lincoln, etc since they operate on a different band.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.