ATC 'Center' around the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiowaves

Hi,

Can anyone give me information on the Centers around the U.S., like Denver Center or KC Center?

Any infomations would be great!

Antenna Type, towers locations/height, power out, ERP where the center is actually located, ect...

Just very interested in Center Operations.

Thanks,
Chad
N0YK

D

DaveNF2G

Many (if not all) of the Centers have websites. Lots of information can be found there.

ARTCCs do not transmit from single radio sites. Remote site info (they are actually called RCAGs) can be pieced together from their licenses.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You could just check the database. We dump off the FAA ATA-100 listings from time to time, but it's well known that listing is badly out of date (as is the milaircomms site, by the way).

I've built a database index via our wiki - all you need do is click on the site of interest.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/ARTCC

If there's nothing there for the center nearest you, please consider researching it and submitting it to the db for inclusion

73 Mike

radiowaves

WOW!!

Great Information, exactally what I was looking for!! The sites show the information I needed. I happen to have a site about 30 miles from my house, been by it before and wondered what it was. It has four towers about 100 feet tall space in a kind of a square configuration. Nothing real impressive but good to know what it is now.

I have pictures of it somewhere I'll have to dig out and attach when I find.

Again, thanks for the good info and sites.

Chad
N0YK

EMD91123

Albiet good in theory many of these sites are not current on updated info. As stated they are a good start to the novice. Most of thje updated info is gathered on constant monitoring and many notes to be taken while listening along with proper tools as charts and reference material to get a good handle on updated frequencies and RCAG's. I would say about 70 percent of the info listed is accurate

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
It helps To Look Around!

Hello All!
I just happened to be looking around in the aircraft threads and ended up on this one. For the heck of it I went to a few of the links provided and discovered some new frequencies I had no idea were so close to me. Thanks guys! It does help to look around sometimes.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.