ATCC Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

This ISN'T a REQUEST for frequencies I know where they are in the database. I have a BCT-15 I loaded every NY Center frequency and some of the Washington and Boston Center Frequencies just to see what I could hear. I was just wondering if anyone did the same thing? Also when I do pick off a plane # i.e. American 378 I jump over to Flightaware and do a search to estimate how far away I can hear the planes!!

MBill

Premium Subscriber
You may also want to go to the Plane Finder or Flight24 sites. These use a goggle map showing
towns, cities, etc., along with planes in the area you choose. Flight Aware has to delay the
position of the aircraft by at least 6 minutes or more, per FAA reqs. The other two sites claim to
track a good number of aircraft in real time as they are not in the US. However, for all three sites
its interesting to listen on the scanner and hear the plane contact the tower for landing, while the
tracking sites often show the plane some distance away, or actually having past the airport and
continuing on its way to nowhere.
When using Flight Aware, as a rule of thumb, I extend the position of the plane shown on the
screen by about 1" and this seems to give you a more precise location.

D

DaveNF2G

Flight Aware has to delay the
position of the aircraft by at least 6 minutes or more, per FAA reqs.

There are no such regs. It is a corporate decision intended to please certain customers. The whole "national security" explanation was just an urban legend.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Ophs. Yes. Strike the FAA reg. statement. However Flight Aware does state in their FAQ section
that "some data in the US is five minutes delayed due to government regulation." What agency
or regulation they don't say.

D

DaveNF2G

Because there is none, unless they got a phone call or a visit from some top secret "nonexistent" agency.

silagi

Premium Subscriber
The FAA provides the data Flightaware and other flight tracking services. I think the delay requirement is in the terms of use agreement for the data.

ampulman

".........while the
tracking sites often show the plane some distance away, or actually having past the airport and
continuing on its way to nowhere." Quote MBill (not shown on post)

I thought it was just me!:p

Amp

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Re: 5 minute delay on Aircraft

Came across this reference regarding the 5-minute delay in aircraft position. The FAA does require
in it's Memorandum of Agreement that Class Two users accept a 5 minute delay in the use of its
data. You can read the entire agreement at: fly.faa.gov/asdidocs/asdi or just type in Class Two ASDI in your
browser and select the "Memorandum of Agreement" PDF file. The five minute stipulation is found
on page 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.