Athens Ohio Police MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
During the fest that is currently going on in Athens, Ohio, APD keeps telling some officers to use the MARCS channel for certain things instead of the normal conventional channel. I cannot find information on what the MARCS talkgroup is they are using, does anyone know how / where I can find out?

Thanks!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The Sheriff's Office uses MARCS. It may be one of the SO TGs for interop purposes (PDs and SOs usually work together at events).

I would suggest scanning MARCS in search/open mode and scan all 7 of the Athens Co. MARCS TGs..

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Athens PD has a talk group and is slowly moving toward almost total MARCS use, but the street festivals involve a lot of out of town contracted officers, plus the State Patrol, OIG (Liquor Control), and a host of others. Usually, MARCS provides a bank of portable radios on ECOM channels. During large events such as Halloween, the BSSA radio comm truck is on site and runs several cross patches between ECOM channels and analog VHF. Look for VHF activity on 151.3025, 155.9025, and the OUPD channels at 155.25 and 155.31. LEERN (154.935) has also been used in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.