Atlanta ARTCC 125.825 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Over the last few days I've gotten back into monitoring Civil Aviation. I currently have the latest IFR - Supplements United States for Dec 11 - Feb 12 and Feb 12 - April 12. Between both books and online information I can't find were Atlanta is listing 125.825. It's in none of the IFR Supplements or on the IFR High Charts. Searching online users report it as Atlanta Center Macon Ultra High and on RR it is listed as Sector 27 Hampton Ultra High (Macon RAG). Is there there another listing I am not aware of that is in use?
Thanks
Dan

wise871

Database Admin
I understand the RR listing is correct be causes I hear Atlanta on the frequency. My question is where are the source for these additional frequencies? If there not listed on the IFR Sup or High/Low Charts then were? What does 257.9 have to do with 125.825 besides that it is the UHF channel the controller also uses (simulcasting)?

SDavis90

They are on the charts.

If you open the IFR Enroute chart, look it over as in area-wide and "Center" frequencies are in a light blue color in a small box, usually near Victor (VOR) routes. Their coverage areas are marked off in the same color.

When I flew IFR (its been a while as I'm not "current") they just hand you off to the next guy anyways.

Not sure if this answers your question, but hey I tried.

wise871

Database Admin
Thanks for the response. I've seen the light blue boxes with the frequencies listed. I use them along with the IFR Sup to make sure I have all the most recent frequencies.

They are on the charts.

If you open the IFR Enroute chart, look it over as in area-wide and "Center" frequencies are in a light blue color in a small box, usually near Victor (VOR) routes. Their coverage areas are marked off in the same color.

When I flew IFR (its been a while as I'm not "current") they just hand you off to the next guy anyways.

Not sure if this answers your question, but hey I tried.

AirScan

My question is where are the source for these additional frequencies? If there not listed on the IFR Sup or High/Low Charts then were?

The FAA does a crappy job of keeping their enroute charts and Facility DIrectory updated with accurate info. on high altitude frequencies, 125.825 is not the only example of a frequency that is not listed anywhere. The most accurate official source I've seen are the sector charts provided by the individual centers themselves, but these are not readily available to pilots (you have to request them directly from the Center), and then even these charts are not always 100% accurate either. Some Centers, like Boston and New York provide Letters to Airman with accurate info., but so far they are the only 2 that I've seen that do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.