Atlanta BOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Was doing a search and found 409.2125 NAC 2B5H. Database has this as Atlanta BOP analog trunked system. Did they go digital? Would this NAC correspond to them?

edit: just realized I read in the database wrong that they're digital-I guess I don't recall ever hearing the system before

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Several of the federal prisons have switched from Motorola Type II to P25, no one has confirmed the Atlanta prison for about two years now.

If you can run Pro96Com on the system that would be great and give you all the info (if it is P25 otherwise that program won't work)

ecps92

2B5h would be the correct formatting for one way of posting where the lower-case "h" indicates HEX
also some folks use a prefix of N for NAC or a "$" Dollar sign but $2B5 is a correct NAC for them for years.

for the OP
Many of the FBoP systems run a legacy [Type II] TRS with P25 Voice
if you drill down into the Zone/Site you will find the NAC has been there

I'm not familiar with this particular user or system but "2B5H" is not a valid NAC.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
I was able to listen more today and All the talkgroups appear to still be in use and all digital. Thanks for the insights!

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
As a Motorola Type II or P25?

I may need a little help determining that I guess. I was using a BCD-536HP. When I made the post, I was doing my usual custom search of the UHF gov't band and that's when I heard the digital transmission with the NAC displayed. The control channel sounds like data from a Motorola Type II. Today I just scanned it in trunking mode and all the talkgroups that are in the database were in use. What is a way I can tell for sure if it's P25 or Type II? I went to checkout PRO96 com, but I don't have any of the radios supported

ecps92

find the Control channel and see what the System ID being broadcast is.
4 Character with a Connect Tone is the legacy Type II systems
3 Character with a NAC is a true P25 system

I may need a little help determining that I guess. I was using a BCD-536HP. When I made the post, I was doing my usual custom search of the UHF gov't band and that's when I heard the digital transmission with the NAC displayed. The control channel sounds like data from a Motorola Type II. Today I just scanned it in trunking mode and all the talkgroups that are in the database were in use. What is a way I can tell for sure if it's P25 or Type II? I went to checkout PRO96 com, but I don't have any of the radios supported

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
find the Control channel and see what the System ID being broadcast is.
4 Character with a Connect Tone is the legacy Type II systems
3 Character with a NAC is a true P25 system

So I realized my SDS-200 shows this easier, but today the signal is very weak. Not sure what happened, but the past couple of days it was booming in here, now I can hardly hear the control channel. I've tried 2 radios and 2 antennas. I'll update if it comes back, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.