Atlanta P.D. "Zone Map"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a current "Zone map" of A.P.D.? I see on the APD website the zones are spelled out, but I don't know where these places are.

I was thinking about adding GPS coordinates for the different zones when I travel through the area.

Thank you in advance.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I would like a current APD zone map too, but haven't been able to find one.

For that matter, I'd really like a new DeKalb PD beat map but haven't been able to find that either. Everything online - including on their own website - is very outdated (most of the Northlake area was moved from North Central precinct to Tucker precinct some time ago, for example).

Reactions: RRR

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
They probably won't release that information publicly for security reasons. You can't trust anybody these days (in no regards to you two, we just can't have nice things anymore).

• Haha

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
There is a place on their website for a map. I just don't think they have created/uploaded it yet. I would suggest calling or emailing this individual. It may help to be a citizen of Atlanta with a decent reason why you would like the map. Those reasons tend to help with the timeliness of the request.

Public Affairs Director
Carlos Campos
Phone: 404-546-4283
Email: cacampos@atlantaga.gov

ITS PUBLIC INFO..
COMMON SEARCH TERM,,
YOUR TOWN PD, PATROL AREA MAP
-PATROL DISTRICT MAP...

Patrol Zones

Zone 1 (West Atlanta)
Zone 2 (North Atlanta)
Zone 3 (Southeast Atlanta)
Zone 4 (Southwest Atlanta)
Zone 5 (Downtown-Midtown)
Zone 6 (East Atlanta)
The patrol zones are organized as follows:

Mobile Patrol Operations handle 911 calls twenty-four hours a day. The zones work either a two shift twelve-hour workday, or a three-shift eight or ten hour workday.
Teams of investigators are assigned to each geographic patrol zone to investigate assaults, terroristic threats, family violence, robbery, burglary, larcenies and auto-thefts.
The Field Investigation Team (FIT) provides the zone commanders with flexibility to provide plain clothes enforcement of problems specific to the individual zones and other specialized assignments.
The foot patrol units provide a variety of community policing and patrol operations covering a specific area of concentration.
Mini-precincts are facilities throughout the patrol zones that are intended to either provide a police presence in a community or to house special zone-related operations.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
30329, thanks! That's what I was looking for!

I wasn't looking for DeKalb County, but thank you. Google just sent me to where the APD precincts were located.

DanRollman

Database Admin
DID YOU TRY GOOGLE...
BOTH MAPS, LESS THAN 2 MIN TIME..

Indeed I did. And for a lot more than 2 minutes. Apparently you stopped reading my post after the second sentence (and ignored the word "new" even in that sentence) and moved right on to the usual anonymous-internet-forum-critical-response. As I said in my post, all the maps I can find are outdated. In fact, you can see right on the outdated map you posted the specific example I gave of one thing that is outdated about it. The outdated map you posted shows all of Northlake (including areas east of I-285) in the 240s beat of North Central precinct. North Central precinct no longer crosses I-285, and in fact Tucker Precinct now covers all of the City of Tucker (including areas of Northlake inside and outside 285 that were formerly in North Central precinct).

My instinct to tell people to "Google it" when they ask basic questions in forums is often the same as yours. But I try to do that only when the poster hasn't already specifically explained in their post why the Google results produce only outdated information and specifically asked if anyone knows where to find more current information.

DanRollman

Database Admin
ITS PUBLIC INFO..
COMMON SEARCH TERM,,
YOUR TOWN PD, PATROL AREA MAP
-PATROL DISTRICT MAP...

That APD map you posted is also badly outdated. The "hook" in the bottom right of Zone 2 is the dead giveaway. That area is now part of Zone 6. But there are a lot of other outdated aspects of that old APD Zone map too. See, for example, Atlanta police hope changes to patrol zones shorten response times

It looks like the boundaries on the GIS crime map app at Atlanta Police Department : Community Crime Map has current beat info for APD (under "Agency Layers, check "beat" and "zones"). This is better than nothing, but this app obviously isn't very suitable for getting a clear one-page snapshot of current zone boundaries.

Police precinct/zone and beat maps change fairly regularly. Just because you found a historical map with a Google search doesn't mean it still has any relation to current reality. This is one place actual radio listening and learning how your local agencies operate comes in to play.

Cool Beans..Your an Admin & spend this much time correcting and finger waggin...
Hows abouts you add something that actually matters...
Just like most admins Ive encountered,,online & IRL...

Bob1955

Does anyone have a current "Zone map" of A.P.D.? I see on the APD website the zones are spelled out, but I don't know where these places are.

I was thinking about adding GPS coordinates for the different zones when I travel through the area.

Thank you in advance.
I'll try to get that information for you. APD has (6) zones on their radio systems and they are Digital P-25. I know that zone 5 is downtown Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.