Atlanta TG 19825

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Maybe Special Events under Law Enforcement. Make sure it gets into Database. I visit Atlanta Regular when I can.

DanRollman

Database Admin
APD Special Events is 19783 and 19784. Will enter it in the DB once we actually know what it is. Database doesn't allow the entry of unknown TGs, in part because then the actual channel name becomes even harder to find since the TG is no longer recorded in the Discovery Searches run for unidentified TGs only.

radiohead90

Dan the regulars appreciate your efforts, there's a turd in every punch bowl (and forum thread) I guess

A hard head makes for a soft behind...

I will be encrypting all talk group's that are used for protesting first. Next I will be encrypting all channels for GSP & more will follow. I used to listen to scanners myself in my younger days. But I never rebroadcast radio traffic and or information while an event was active. One may not see how serious there actions can have on an event.

But just remember not everyone has good intentions. Some individuals that have ill intent. Can and has obtained this information that one may make public. Then use it to cause harm. This has happened recently and is one of the reasons we watch forums and unfortunately will have to start encrypting radio traffic.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
A hard head makes for a soft behind...

I will be encrypting all talk group's that are used for protesting first. Next I will be encrypting all channels for GSP & more will follow. I used to listen to scanners myself in my younger days. But I never rebroadcast radio traffic and or information while an event was active. One may not see how serious there actions can have on an event.

But just remember not everyone has good intentions. Some individuals that have ill intent. Can and has obtained this information that one may make public. Then use it to cause harm. This has happened recently and is one of the reasons we watch forums and unfortunately will have to start encrypting radio traffic.

Well since you claim to be law enforcement and seem to know about the law, please identify yourself. Pretending to be law enforcement in the State of Georgia is a serious felony. Posting a talkgroup to this forum is not a crime. Saying you are law enforcement when you are not is. You know who I am, I have nothing to hide. Who are you?

If you were actually who you claim to be, would'nt you just encrypt the talkgroup and keep monitoring the forum? I would say your under cover skills are seriously lacking.

And posting the encryption topic in any thread is discouraged by the moderators period. IMHO it is also much worse than a hobbyist some of us have known for over three decades posting a single talkgroup in this thread. My guess is that he is more knowledgeable about the legalities of this hobby than you are.

Last edited:

radiohead90

Smh,

Once again a hard head makes for a soft behind.

Have a blessed day sir. :coffee::sneaky:

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
And posting the encryption topic in any thread is discouraged by the moderators period.
Not exactly. Posts which connect encryption with live streaming are discouraged because they often turn into arguments and are usually directed to the Tavern part of the forums.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Not exactly. Posts which connect encryption with live streaming are discouraged because they often turn into arguments and are usually directed to the Tavern part of the forums.

Could you point me to the rules concerning encryption in these forums? The owner made several statements in the past on this subject, and I can't find those posts.

I also wonder why this forum is now allowing dual accounts? What conditions need to be met to qualify for this?

Last edited:

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
I found a reference on encryption in this thread, but when you click on the link it does not go any where. Where did it go?

Link:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
AK9R has already explained it to you. I'm not sure there is anything else to say.

If you know of someone with a duplicate account, then you can contact the Mods with a Post Report and any evidence you have to support your claim.

With that, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.