Atlanta VHF/UHF Analog Conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Cherokee County is still on VHF Analog conventional and their Sheriff West repeater has great coverage throughout the metro area. I am able to receive them all the way in Gwinnett County. Their Sheriff Tac 1 and County Fire Dispatch repeaters also have great coverage around the metro area.

The GSP Troop C Metro repeater ( 155.910) is still on but it's hardly ever used. However, I have heard troopers on there every once in awhile using it as talk around.

Right now that's all I have heard. If I hear anything else I will post it here.

-Dawson Adams
GMRS: WQPN413
Warning: I have a strong tendency to be bluntly honest. Don't like it? Oh well.

sjgostovich

I'll be staying in downtown ATL but I will be in the upper level of my hotel. I'll plug them in and see if I can get any reception. Do you know if Atlanta Fire or Grady EMS use the analog channels they have listed in the database at all? Most of the 800mhz systems up my way still patch/page off their old VHF systems. Just wondering if it is the same down there?

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Not to my knowledge. Everything in Atlanta Metro are on the 800 MHz systems unfortunately.

I have on occasion heard several unidentified units using the 800 MHz mutual aid analog conventional repeaters. I think they may be Leo's working off duties and using them as tall around coms. However, I'm not sure of that.

-Dawson Adams
GMRS: WQPN413
Warning: I have a strong tendency to be bluntly honest. Don't like it? Oh well.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
On that note, Fairburn police, fire, etc. I can't find a clear entry in a database where I can monitor them, any assistance, please?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
On that note, Fairburn police, fire, etc. I can't find a clear entry in a database where I can monitor them, any assistance, please?

They are dispatched out of our 911 center (Fulton) and are on the Cities PD dispatch talk group on our Astro 25 7.14 system. Units are identified as "Fairburn xx".

They share this talk group with Union City, Palmetto, and Chattahoochee Hills police.

Fairburn fire is dispatched on Fulton Fire main. Fairburn station 21 and 22. Station alerting is silent over the air (we use Mach Alert) but our dispatchers do voice dispatch and address them as "Fairburn 21/22" after sending an alert from FSA.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What system/talkgroups do I need to program to hear Fairburn traffic? All I care to hear is Fairburn.

I appreciate it

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
What system/talkgroups do I need to program to hear Fairburn traffic? All I care to hear is Fairburn.

I appreciate it

As posted above, we dispatch Fairburn PD and Fire on multi-agency talk groups. Fairburn PD is dispatched on Cities PD, and Fairburn Fire are dispatched by our center on Fulton fire dispatch. Both talk groups are on our P25 system and currently DDM with most activity on phase 1 as the south cities are using a mix of subscribers. This may change over the next 12-24 months.

Neither FBPD or FBFD have exclusive PD dispatch or FD dispatch talk groups. City TAC is also shared among the south cities PDs. Fire TACs are also shared between county fire and southern cities fire.

We use plain language identifiers so it should be easy to figure out who is going to what.

I cannot publicly discuss detailed radio system specifics like talk groups or radio IDs per our agency policy, but I will say most of the information on the RR database is correct as far as the system basics and talk groups listed. There are some exceptions, but none of them relate to your interest in Fairburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.