atlantic ambulance BLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
does anyone know if Atlantic ambulance BLS units are dispatches over the regular cencom channels. i have all the cencom channels in my scanner, but i dont think i have ever heard any BLS calls dispatched over them. are they using different freqs for BLS or am i just missing their calls

daedalus

It may just be a question of what services are provided in different areas. In and around Union county they provide only ALS out of Overlook.

SCPD

QRT
well i know that Atlantic BLS units cover the township of Fairfield during the day, and a few others that just are not coming to mind at the moment, so there are some BLS units floating around

SCPD

QRT
You should be hearing EMS 7 and EMS 8. I believe EMS 9 covers Randolph twp. during the day.

Do you have 155.265 (CENCOM 2) and 155.355( CENCOM 1) programmed correctly? The PL's are 192.8 and 186.2 respectively.

They also have a UHF channel for when they cannot reach CENCOM via the VHF and chit chat. That is 462.975 PL 173.8.

apu

Atlantic Ambulance BLS units on 9-1-1 EMS assignments (for example, EMS 8 & 10 based in Mountainside) do get dispatched by CenCom on the regular dispatch channels (155.355 and 155.265).

The transport units -- BLS, SCTU, etc. -- get dispatched by Atlantic Ambulance dispatch in Livingston, generally via Nextel. They are doing inter-facility transports, contract ambulance service for nursing homes, etc. and not answering 9-1-1 calls.

EMTguy

It's been a while since I monitored Fairfield, but EMS7 used to get dispatched directly by FPD on the PD channel.

At least they used to, as of a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.