Atlantic City Analog Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I'm down here for the air show, so I've also been comparing the rr database with what is actual true. RR database has some false information listed. Here is what I noticed since I've been down here. First off, 155.130 should be removed completely because it is simply not used, even during large events like the air show. 154.025 is NOT used by public works at all, however it is still used as the FD pager dispatch frequency. Their EMS is dispatched on 155.175 (which is not listed under Atlantic City, but only Atlantic County). 451.225 is nothing but data noise, no Jitney talk. In fact, I haven't heard the Jitney's on any frequency listed so far. Last, the Pier Mall at Ceasars seems to be using either P25 or encrypted, which again is not indicated in the database.

W2SJW

Database Admin
That EMS frequency is the county EMS dispatch - we normally don't duplicate frequencies for county-level organizations unless the PL is different.

Would not be surprized at all if the Jitney channel is now DMR. Did it sound like this?

Analogrules

Yes, that's exactly what one of the Jitney channels sounded like. The others were just silent. However, I was on the Jitney yesterday and noticed how active their radios were. They seem to constantly use them almost like a CB, just socializing with each other. Does DMR basically mean no scanner can pick them up, or just analog scanners won't pick it up?

W2SJW

Database Admin
No scanner can pick up DMR. You need an actual radio, or a descriminator - tapped scanner/SDR dongle & DSD+ to decode that mode. Uniden scanners 'Close-Call' feature will also not stop on that signal (already tried with my 436 and my CS700 on simplex).

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk 4

Analogrules

Ok. Thanks for the info. To be more specific, 451.225 seems to be the digital data/DMR channel. 461.600 and 461.850 are just totally silent. I did hear one brief key up on 461.850, but nothing else. Bottom line, RR database needs to be updated.

Analogrules

Exactly Kenny. That's what I was trying to say before that 155.175 seems to be only for Atlantic City EMS dispatch (patch) frequency, not for the county.

blah546

The DB is correct. 155.175 is absolutely county EMS. I don't think it is repeated in any way though, so if you're in Atlantic City you're not going to hear the bulk of the county. Also, most of the county only uses that frequency for dispatch/pager activation, with all other comms being on the county trunked system.

154.31 is county fire. I'm not familiar with Weymouth but maybe their fire and EMS are the same hence why EMS is dispatched on county fire? Not sure on that one.

Analogrules

The db lists 154.025 as Public Works, which is totally incorrect. That is the frequency used as FD fire pages, probably simulcasted from the 800 MHz system. Yeah, I realize 155.175 is county dispatch, however when in Atlantic City, all that was heard on there were pages for Atlantic City. Like you said, probably due to location, nothing else can be heard.

Analogrules

Also, Jitney is either DMR or encrypted now, and Pier Mall is definitely not analog mode anymore either-all of which is now incorrect in the database!

Status
Not open for further replies.