Atlantic City TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
I cannot find the tread but a post was made about Atlantic County 154.31 no longer being patched to the AC TRS. That went back on sometime in the last few weeks.

SCPD

QRT
Ac Trs

I live here in AC and it seemed like that all started happening right in the beginning of summer. I wonder if it is just a summer time thing? But it does save me alot of room in my scanner. not scanner numerous banks anymore..!!

Jim

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Great! Now if they'd only do the same thing to the Mays Landing and Hammonton TRS so that I could hear Hammonton and Buena and EHC fire and Ambulance.

blah546

Ha that will never happen unless during emergencies when they actually need it. Those systems are pretty heavilly used, almost to capacity, without patching anything.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Atlantic City is an 800 Motorola type II TRS. Everything is analog except police. Most everything is in the clear except a few encrypted ID's. The rest of Atlantic county varies. Some respond on the TRS's which are 800 EDACS systems. They're analog except for PDs which are mostly provoice digital so you cant pick it up. Some FD's and EMS squads respond and operate on the VHS conventional freqs listed in the database. When you come, enjoy!! {:>D

Last edited:

slively33

I live in Mays Landing and I can never hear Hamilton Twp police. I have a pro-2096 and I used Win096 to program it; maybe I'm doing something wrong. If I emailed someone my scanner config made by Win-96 do you think you can take a look at it and maybe help me out? Maybe it's because of ProVoice?

slively33

Ok, I've done my homework since my last post. So Saber2k5 your telling me that my Pro-2096 is pretty much usless if I want to monitor Hamilton twp or maybe Egg Harbor Twp? Wow, if that's the case I guess I'll be selling my newly bought Pro-2096 back on ebay......Thanks!

saber2k5

For Slively33 & any others that want to monitor most Atlantic county PDs, it just is not possible to do so with a consumer grade scanner. These PDs operate on talkgroups that are strapped to Provoice, a proprietary digital format offered by Macom (a competitor to Motorola).

You would need to have a Macom radio with the Provoice (aka option 29) enabled. The two portable units that Macom offers with this option are the LPE and the Jaguar.

Again, as has been mentioned many, many times. there is absolutely NO scanner that will decode the Provoice signal. Macom has no intention of ever releasing the rights to scanner manufacturers, as this inability to monitor is one of their primary (if not THE primary) selling point of the system. Note that this is also true of the Open Sky format, another system offered by Macom (in limited use by State of PA, et al).

I hope this clarifies your questions.
--saber2k5

Status
Not open for further replies.