Atlantic County P25 System: Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Rumor is that Atlantic County turned on encryption for all police dispatches on their new P25 system today? Anyone confirm this?

acscan

Not all of them are yet, but a lot have switched over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
That sucks, who is left in the clear?
I am 95% sure Ocean County will encrypt once the new 700 system comes online.

wnjl

Monitoring last weekend, Hamilton was still in the clear. Everyone else I heard in terms of PD was encrypted.

bailly2

could listen to the input frequencies, attenuated with a stock antenna or shorter. ... then if your hear any signal something is happening nearby. can then videotape whatever is happening right in your neighbornhood and put it on youtube

W2SY

Been away for 3 months and just got home. So are we now officially totally encrypted in Atlantic County as far as law enforcement. Can anyone fill me in on what has happened ?

Thanks

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
Most now are I still hear Hammonton,Brigatine,Ocean City Stockton PD and Sheriff Dept. but all the larger towns and small towns being dispatched by the larger towns are encrypted

Analogrules

What About Atlantic City?

Just curious if Atlantic City also went encrypted or has plans to in the near future?

coolderb

Just curious if Atlantic City also went encrypted or has plans to in the near future?

AC is not encrypted. They are on a different (Phase1) system than the rest of the county. I don't think they have the budget for a new system at this time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They are on a different (Phase1) system than the rest of the county.

Atlantic City is not on a Phase I system, they are on a Motorola Type II SmartZone system that uses the P25 CAI on some talkgroups.

Important distinction, as the terms "Phase I" and "Phase II" only apply to full P25 systems. Unfortunately, it has become commonplace for people to refer to older Motorola SmartZone systems that use the P25 CAI as "Phase I", which can lead to confusion.

Analogrules

Ok. In that case it would be great if someone can bring Atl City PD back to Broadcastify, especially for the summer momths. I always enjoyed listening even when I am not there, but the feed was removed a couple years ago. :(

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Most now are I still hear Hammonton,Brigatine,Ocean City Stockton PD and Sheriff Dept. but all the larger towns and small towns being dispatched by the larger towns are encrypted
I live in PA, but go down to Ocean City every year for vacation for a week! I haven't checked in a while, but did they move to the new P25 PII? Last I knew, (which was a while back so I may have missed the switchover!) was that they were still using "Provoice".

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Plesantville PD just went encrypted last week. Hammonton, Brigantine, and Stockton PDs are still clear as well as the Sheriff. Ocean City is still using EDACS Provoice and is sometimes patched to the P25 system.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Let me ask those that live down there a quick question - I was just in AC for 2 days - Hammonton had a pursuit that I was monitoring via the EHT site on their PD 1 TG, and then the traffic just stopped.

Is there something set up on that system that stops re-broadcast of traffic on adjoining sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.