Atlantic County Police Alerts and Fire Dispatch question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

After looking at the db, I was just wondering is 155.010 still used as County PD and if so, is it just a backup talk around channel or is it used for County Alerts? If not used for AC alerts, then what frequency is? Just SPEN 1?

Also, exactly which Fire Departments in AC are still dispatched on 154.310? The DB only lists it as a county fire dispatch frequency, but many individual towns seem to have their own fire dispatch channel.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I believe the Countywide Police 1 talk group is now used for LE alerts. TG 25101 (on P25 system) or GID 1937 (on the EDACS system) - 155.01 was always used for PD car to car comms. 156.21 was base stations.
I think the RRDB is backwards. At least that is how things were.

Last edited:

DougWatkins

Atl County fire departments are using a using a multitude of freqs....AC on own, remainder of Absecon Island seems to still be on Edacs ..some of main land fire and EMS is on P25 and VHF and SP/Northfield dispatch themselves

RR database will give you some guidance, but you can't just monitor a single freq for either Atl County or Cape May County....they are both dispatch du jour.......the centralized dispatch center concept bit the dust a couple of years ago

Analogrules

Ok. I am mainly just concerned with Atlantic City itself, but it seems all their fire dispatch is on 154.025/P25 system. I just wanted to make sure that Atlantic City never dispatches on 154.310.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
No ACFD never dispatched on 154.31, only other municipalities in the county. They dispatch on the ACFD talk group on the Motorola trunked system. 154.025 is/was a rebroadcast of the intial dispatch alert only.

Analogrules

Ok thanks. So, we don't know for sure if 154.025 is still active? I am only asking these questions because I will be down there next week.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
ACFD

154.025 is the house speaker system for ACFD. After the dispatch on TG48048 the operator then rebroadcast the address and run assignment on the house speaker for redundancy purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.