Atlantic EMS Medic 12 out of Morristown Hosp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed-N2QBZ

Rochester NY, Previously from Cedar Grove and East
I've been out of the area for several years. When CenCom was dispatching them they were on 155.265 (192.8) with Medic 11 and the St Claire's trucks. However after the MONOC takeover of CenCom, they may have migrated to 155.355 (186.2) with the rest of the Atlantic units since the St Claire's units transitioned to Miccom. However, according to the Morris County database...

MONOC EMS has or is in the process of switching to Sonim cellular LTE PTT network which is not monitorable by any scanner. UHF/VHF dispatch frequencies will be used as back up to or in conjunction with their PTT cell system. MONOC is dispatching on their UHF and VHF radio frequencies and on their new PTT network. At times you will only hear EMS dispatch and not mobile unit’s response.

So all I can suggest try either or both of the above to see if there is some activity, or you may be out of luck.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Depending on where you are, you can also hear the MONOC dispatches on 466.8625 / 136.5, which is a UHF link they use.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I heard MIC 11 and 12 get dispatched of 155.265 last time I was in NJ for calls in Hanover. The lover MIC units going into Chatham were dispatched on 155.355. So VHF was still in use at least for the the dispatch. They came up on EMS RESP 3 for Hanover and I believe EMS RESP 2 for Chatham to talk to County on the trunked system. I don't know if they used VHF to call in/out with there dispatch center though or if they are using Spectrums DMR system or something else. Maybe someone can confirm that. Where is that 466 link coming out of, Overlook ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
St. Clares recently renamed all their unit callsigns. Their BLS go by Ambulance # and their ALS go by MIC ##. When a Clares unit gets assigned to a call for a town that is not dispatched by their own communications center they sign on with the local dispatch center (which happens to be Morris County Comm Center a lot). So you will hear a Clares unit give updates on their own DMR system as well as the local dispatch center for the town they are responding into.

As far as Atlantic units go, for the towns they are primary for, their BLS get dispatched by the local comm center. So for example Rockaway Boro, EMS 15 gets dispatched on EMS Resp 2 by the Morris County Comm Center. I have heard a few other Atlantic BLS units get dispatched this way for other towns. Sometimes I hear them give updates on their DMR system as well as the local dispatch, sometimes not.

Long story short, they probably get dispatched via the same comm center that does police and fire for Bernards. Find out who that is and find what the EMS response channel is and you will probably hear them. Not much information gets transmitted over the Spectrum DMR system. Also keep in mind every unit has a Toughbook in it that gives the unit information on the call. This keeps information transmitted over the air to a minimum unless the Toughbook is not working.

Sorry if this is redundant information or not helpful to you but maybe it will help someone out.

monebill

Bernards is dispatched by Somerset County Communications. Medic 12 uses the Bernards EMS VHF channel to talk to County.

asnhnetwork

Medic 6 switched dispatch Centers a couple of months ago. Atlantic Medic 6 is now ALS 906 on Miccoms channel. I think they are based in West Caldwell or Hanover. I think I also heard additional Atlantic BLS units on Miccom frequency. not sure what that's all about. The police still call Monoc for ALS.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Heard Medic 1 dispatched on 155.355 so they are still using VHF. Maybe we can get s list going as far as Medic units as to who actually dispatches them and on what frequency and then what they call out on.

Like MIC 11 on 155.265 by Miccom. Call out on Spectrum DMR to Miccom and EMS RESP 3 for Morris County (although this may not be 100 % accurate). And then just copy and past to the list once confirmed. Seems to be a lot of confusion

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
So this is what I heard from my travels yesterday on the Spectrum DMR system. The slots are not listed in the database but on Denville site these are confirmed :

Slot 1 was always used on the "St Clare's" talkgroup and dispatch was referred to as "Communications"

Unit heard and sometimes caught the responding area:33/35/37/56
57 Hacketstown
52 Parsippany
35 Boonton

Slot 2 was always used in the "Atlantic" talkgroup and dispatch was also called Atlantic. I only heard traffic from 292.

Heard Medic 1 get dispatched into Chatham on 155.355 and no comms heard on the DMR system. Same with MIC 12 on 155.265 into Morristown. Heard them call out to County on the trunked system but nothing on DMR.

So it seems like the old "Cencom" units are still using VHF, while St Clare's is on DMR. I thought Medic 1, 3, 11, 12 etc were all Atlantic but no traffic on that talkgroup. Don't know who 292 is.

So all is dispatched by MONOC now ?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
As far as the Spectrum slots, I have seen St Clare's on 2 and Atlantic on 1. It is rare but it does happen on occasion.

asnhnetwork

292 is an Atlantic BLS unit in Sussex County. Rumors are flying that Atlantic is looking at leaving Monoc and restarting CenCom. key word is it is mostly rumors at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.