• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

AT's recent radio acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPR1981

I realize I've been quieter as of late. Work life/business life has been extremely busy, but I am still acquiring CB gear.

These two Teaberry Model T 40 channel tube CB's were given to me for free last Thursday night. Both power on, receive, transmit and modulate. There are some issues with the PLL in one of them, but one of my ham buddies who is a proficient technician is going to completely restore one for me, if I allow him to have the other. He plans to restore it and tie in a VFO.

I also purchased an entire radio room full of equipment from an elderly gentleman I met a few weeks ago. I scored:

-Cobra 139 XLR, AM/SSB base station w/digital VFO and mod
-Cobra Dynamike Plus amplified desk mic
-Cyclone 500 base station linear
-New in box Astatic D104 desk mic
-Cobra 29 XLR mobile CB with extras
-Turner Plus II SSB desk microphone
-K40 magnet mount mobile antenna
-2 generic magnet mount mobile antennas
-5 RG8 patch cables
-New in box SWR/watt meter
-Random working hand mics

I will be picking all these items up this week.

On another occasion, I scored a Galaxy 300 linear amplifier (tube) and a D&A Raider tube amp. And along with the free Teaberry Model T, I was given a free Cobra 25 LTD NW that works fine.

I'm still the CB whisperer, apparently. LOL

Attachments

• 187128367_1371933633184127_8202018934269519355_n.jpg
    187128367_1371933633184127_8202018934269519355_n.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 17

RFI-EMI-GUY

I wonder if the Teaberry Model T 40 channel tube CB is same design as Lafayette Comstat 25 A/B? In which case there is no PLL it operates with crystal mixing scheme to make up the channels. In my Comstat a crystal failed twice causing no operation on 6 channels.

FPR1981

I wonder if the Teaberry Model T 40 channel tube CB is same design as Lafayette Comstat 25 A/B? In which case there is no PLL it operates with crystal mixing scheme to make up the channels. In my Comstat a crystal failed twice causing no operation on 6 channels.

This one has a PLL, like the Robyn T240-D, and it is unobtanium

prcguy

In addition to the radio museum I hope you have a few acres for all the base antennas so you can have an antenna range/museum. Install a bunch of short towers spaced a few wavelengths apart and equal distance from the "shack", then run equal distance coax to each vintage antenna so you can send a test signal to each one and measure the difference back at the shack.

You will want the visitors to be able to perform the tests so you can charge more for admission. That way we will all know how much better a Hy-Gain Penetrator is over an Astroplane or a Big Stick or Super Scanner or whatever. There are plenty of CB museums out there but this would probably be the first radio and antenna museum.

So when is the museum going to open and how much for a tour? Will visitors be able to operate the radios?

FPR1981

Scored this for 40 bucks last night.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_113110_332.jpg
    IMG_20210603_113110_332.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 20

FPR1981

Yep. I'd say you're correct. My Connex CX4300HP is fairly new too. It's a 100-watt export radio with more crystal clear audio than you would ever need or want

RFI-EMI-GUY

In addition to the radio museum I hope you have a few acres for all the base antennas so you can have an antenna range/museum. Install a bunch of short towers spaced a few wavelengths apart and equal distance from the "shack", then run equal distance coax to each vintage antenna so you can send a test signal to each one and measure the difference back at the shack.

You will want the visitors to be able to perform the tests so you can charge more for admission. That way we will all know how much better a Hy-Gain Penetrator is over an Astroplane or a Big Stick or Super Scanner or whatever. There are plenty of CB museums out there but this would probably be the first radio and antenna museum.

More acreage needed....

The CB Museum won't be complete without the crowd pleasing Smokey and The Bandit tribute jump....

Status
Not open for further replies.