Attaching HPE files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What would be the chances of adding HPE files as a type of file that can be uploaded without being zipped?

These files tend to be fairly small in size as compared to photo files.

It might make like easier for folks who want to share HPE files.

Also the same thought for scanner programming files created by FreeScan.

Thanks for considering this

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm kind of a lazy guy and want to avoid the effort of zipping the file. Those who might receive it might be even lazier than me and may not want to unzip it, or remember where the unzipped file got stuck on their computer.

Renaming to .txt is a work-around, as long as the receiver remembers to rename it, but then the laziness factor applies there too.

I'm sure the reason for zipping is to reduce file sizes, but HP Favorites are kind of small and the zipped file is about the same size as the original from what I've seen.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Zipping is not to reduce size but to accommodate all other file types.

I would suggest installing a compression utility like 7zip. All you have to do is right-click the file and choose the appropriate method.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As I often do, I don't explain myself too well.

It's not the difficulty or the ability to zip a file. Rather it's the additional steps involved in doing so.

With HPE files increasing in use and associated sharing, I thought being able to attach an HPE file without having to first zip it, might be helpful/more efficient.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The library of HPE files is definitely a good resource.

The past couple of times I've up/downloaded HPE files, they were "works in progress". Someone may have a problem and they want to share the file so others can offer suggestions to deal with issues.

I'd think the HPE library should have only "finished" files in them that are without potential problems.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Agree with the OP, the one issue is many of those that have "issues" and need help also have PC issues. Not to sound condescending, but zipping or renaming a file extension are seemingly too difficult for some.

As for myself - I'm just lazy, I'm too lazy sometimes to take that step and unzip and look at a file - or to explain the entire process to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.