Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to attach a pic of an antenna I would like people to look at. Everything seems to work until I try to attach it. It says attachment failed. In general can anyone guide me to doing it right? Thanks.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I did check the FAQ's and I think that helped a little. My file may be too big. I will have to recheck. PS...I am not too good at this.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Antenna ID?

I will try this again. I am looking for the mfg of this antenna. It is used as a scanner antenna in SW MO, on a house in south St Louis and a couple houses just inside Iowa. I would like to know if it is still available for purchase. There are many of them in the Laclede County area. But I have not been able to find anyone that knows who makes it. Thanks. (I am hoping this works) There should be an attachment here. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 269

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I wonder if anyone has other pics of that antenna in use. I am working today so I can not research like I would want to but I read a couple quick forum conversations and just 3 yrs or so ago someone was selling that antenna for only $10 plus shipping. Guess I will have to search and look for a better price. Thanks again.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Most likely an Antennacraft antenna...a lot of shops around here in MO sold those, they were fairly decent and cheap (I had one came with 75 fr of coax for around $20 at the time) I believe the model was ST-1. As far as I know Antennacraft is out of business along with Radio Shack's demise as they made most of their aluminum antennas.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I did find the antenna on Ebay and that was about it. Seller was asking almost $100 for it. Kind of odd since it was selling so cheap years ago. It's selling price is similar to the Antenna craft ST2. ????? I read that it is no longer manufactured but is offered for up to six times what it sold for before. Nearly $300 bucks. I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.