• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Attempting to ID broadcast equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
My landlord asked me to clean out the basement of our home and he told me I can keep what I want. I found a bunch of equipment on shelves which I believe to be AM broadcast equipment and tubes. I'm insure of it's operating status. But I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what it is and how much it may be worth?
y4uhere5.jpg
nurarunu.jpg
jutatyda.jpg
vedese5u.jpg
ypytasut.jpg
jyzyqyje.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
old test equipment. setup an ebay auction and let someone discover it.maybe its something are although the novelty of hauling around 30 pound test sets went away the same way as the 1 MB RAM computer

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Looks to be in rough shape. Some of it looks to be analog video test gear but not certain - never seen most of it before.
But the last picture is a really nice looking milivolt meter. Very display-ish quality.

The 19" rack equipment needs some air in a can and a good clean up. I never powered it on in my house because my wife would kill me if anything circuits blow. It's good for display at this point, I got it for free and am probably going to make a display project out if it. It has tags on it that say "Raytheon corp" from 1961. So it absolutely makes for good display items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.