Attention All Awin Listeners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have noticed in the last couple of days that the 700 MHZ frequencies that are listed on AWIN, I know there are some in Lake City, I'm not sure where else but I have noticed them being really active! I heard Jonesboro PD, Craighead County SO, and ASU PD using them yesterday and today I have noticed ADEM, ADEQ, and ADC using them on the statewide system.. So if you're going to listen to all traffic, Make sure if you're area has 700 MHZ frequencies listed in the DB whether they're listed as secondary/primary or not they're still using them...This has been confirmed, They might have changed to throw us off but either way...The 700 MHZ's have been used hot and heavy this week..Just to give everyone heads up..

k5wc

The only tower that I see with any 700mhz is lake city. None of the ones that I listen too have any 700mhz listed here. I am wondering if you only have the control channel in does it still follow to the 700mhz? I listen to chennal, Lonoke, cabot, Devalls bluff and Wynne towers just about every day. I have never heard the Shell Lake tower even when I am on Hwy 1 from Forrest City to Wynne, guess the ridge keeps it blocked. I have been watching to see if any 700mhz pops up on any of these. Thanks John

hitophikers

The way I understand P25 is that the control channel will determine the actual talk channel frequency which could be any frequency the radios can operate on, not just 800Mhz because that's the control channel frequency. So in the Lake City area when the channel is passed off, if you check the scanner display, you will see the 700Mhz channel in use just like the majority of the state sees an 800Mhz channel. I'll bet the 800Mhz control channel is for compatibility systemwide and the 700Mhz may be required to avoid interferrence with some other system/service. Or, it could be just a "test" setup to see the difference between 700Mhz and 800Mhz coverage area and penetration. However, if other 700Mhz channel operations are seen elsewhere, they should be submitted to RR for the area it's found to be in use. There should be no need to actually program any 700Mhz AWIN P25 frequencies into your scanner as it will happen automatically in the DMA type scanners.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that....

The way I understand P25 is that the control channel will determine the actual talk channel frequency which could be any frequency the radios can operate on, not just 800Mhz because that's the control channel frequency. So in the Lake City area when the channel is passed off, if you check the scanner display, you will see the 700Mhz channel in use just like the majority of the state sees an 800Mhz channel. I'll bet the 800Mhz control channel is for compatibility systemwide and the 700Mhz may be required to avoid interferrence with some other system/service. Or, it could be just a "test" setup to see the difference between 700Mhz and 800Mhz coverage area and penetration. However, if other 700Mhz channel operations are seen elsewhere, they should be submitted to RR for the area it's found to be in use. There should be no need to actually program any 700Mhz AWIN P25 frequencies into your scanner as it will happen automatically in the DMA type scanners.

Very well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.