Attention Dunklin County database readers...Quick Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Can someone clarify if the Dunklin County SO dispatcher on 155.535 is the same dispather on the SO south Dispatch channel of 154.385 or are they indeed different from two different locations.. I have heard two different rumors going around southern missouri..That's why I question it, Can someone confirm?

btritch

SO THE 155.535 AND THE 154.385 ARE DISPATCHED FROM THE SAME LOCATION IN THE SAME OFFICE BY THE SAME PERSON, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGH..I have no idea why my caps key was on, Anywho, Why do they have two frequencies, Will one not cover the county?

semo

You are correct. The officers and firemen in the small towns of Hornersville, Cardwell, and others on the MO/ARK border are dispatched by the SO on 154.385, but coverage is not good on the north end of the county around the Malden area. Essentially, 155.535 is used for cars north of Kennett and 154.385 is used for cars south of Kennett. The same occurs on traffic on the Battles Communication UHF LTR the southern cars home channel is 451.9125 MHz from Steele and the North cars use the home channel of 451.7125 MHz from Malden.

btritch

You are correct. The officers and firemen in the small towns of Hornersville, Cardwell, and others on the MO/ARK border are dispatched by the SO on 154.385, but coverage is not good on the north end of the county around the Malden area. Essentially, 155.535 is used for cars north of Kennett and 154.385 is used for cars south of Kennett. The same occurs on traffic on the Battles Communication UHF LTR the southern cars home channel is 451.9125 MHz from Steele and the North cars use the home channel of 451.7125 MHz from Malden.

Oh, I didn't even KNOW they used that TRUNK SYSTEM! I'll have to start listening to that, Don't know if i"ll hear it from here or not though..

zzdiesel

Are these 451 freqs trunked or regular channels? Does Dunklin Co use any 800 Mhz freqs? I occasionally hear the Sheriff telling someone to go the 800.

Last edited:

zzdiesel

Thanks for the info. I wish they wouldn't put so many close stations on one frequency. I pick up both county towers fairly good, but there's a bunch of hash & trash as well.

zzdiesel

The same occurs on traffic on the Battles Communication UHF LTR the southern cars home channel is 451.9125 MHz from Steele and the North cars use the home channel of 451.7125 MHz from Malden.

I didn't realize how much they use the Steele channel. Is this system trunked? Seems they stay on the same freq. Will I be able to find the tones for these two channels since they're not listed in the database?

semo

I didn't realize how much they use the Steele channel. Is this system trunked? Seems they stay on the same freq. Will I be able to find the tones for these two channels since they're not listed in the database?

Yes it is trunked. I believe they will use that frequency unless someone else is already using it, because that is their "home" channel. Since its trunked they will not use tones, but talkgroups instead.

semo

You'll monitor only that talkgroup. You'll figure it out. If you have questions about the pro-2055 try the wiki and search the Radio Shack forum for advice/help. You should be able to monitor trunked traffic in the area easily. Good luck.

zzdiesel

Yes it is trunked. I believe they will use that frequency unless someone else is already using it, because that is their "home" channel. Since its trunked they will not use tones, but talkgroups instead.

On the database page for Battles Communications; it shows the freqs for Malden & Steele, but it says there are no talkgroups yet. What does this mean?

zzdiesel

Ok. I use the two freqs for the county now. I'm just reading and trying to learn without having to ask too many questions. Do you know of any trunked systems that are being used in the Kennett area now?

semo

For a list on the Dunklin County database page it says Trunked Radio Systems in Dunklin County http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1513

The Battles Communication UHF is used around Kennett http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1033

I have never heard any traffic from the Lyons Communication site at Kennett. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1042

MOArk Comm 800 Mhz shows to have a site at Kennett but I dont know if its used. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1031

The Warner Communications Site at Campbell http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5024
is used by the Campbell Police on the Home channel of 461.6125 MHz. Its talkgroup is 0-07-005.

There are several trunked sites around Senath and you can try also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.