QRT
Attention Upman,

Home patrol in Essex County NJ under ham and amateur
radio the follow is entered wrong.

224.480 MHZ FM
Essex County
K2DEE repeater
New Jersey

display says 224.480 but it doesnt receive !
I rechecked and if i enter it manually the repeater comes in great so the issue is the way its in the HPDB.

kma371

QRT
Attention Upman,

Home patrol in Essex County NJ under ham and amateur
radio the follow is entered wrong.

224.480 MHZ FM
Essex County
K2DEE repeater
New Jersey

display says 224.480 but it doesnt receive !
I rechecked and if i enter it manually the repeater comes in great so the issue is the way its in the HPDB.

The HP DB comes from here. So please check the listing and submit correction if needed.

Last edited:

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
The HP DB comes from here. So please check the listing and submit correction if needed.

The information is already entered correctly in the New Jersey database; I verified this earlier this morning. It looks like whatever process collects the data and sends it into the HP-1 tools is corrupted.

SCPD

QRT
how?

How did you verify it?Do you have a home patrol?Im telling you it doesnt work .I did submit this to database and they told me to send it to Upman-

says 224.480 receives nothing unless you enter it in manually with the built in keypad,but you cant edit the database yourself which is a pain!(unless you have arcpatrol but that corrupts the
hpdb)Hats off to the people who fix this,im sure its lots of work.

kma371

QRT
So what's different when it's in the HP compared to how it's listed in the DB?

Mode? CTCSS? Freq?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
kma371 is correct. The HPDB gets its info directly from RR.com.
So if there is an error then a NJ RR database admin needs to know
what needs to be changed in the database here at RR.com.
So again like kma371 says: What is different? CTCSS/PL? Mode?
Give us more info to go on so we can correct the RR database.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I guess nobody reads your posts. :)

All posts are being read and considered. But thanks for the input.

So, my HPDB is also showing accurate info.
Since you are able to manually enter the repeater into the HP and receive audio from it
my guess is that the CTCSS is wrong in the RR database.
Or perhaps the initial poster does not have the "HAM" service type enabled.
This is what the latest database build on my HP looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/gRqjN.jpg
(Image linked instead of embedded due to size).
I hope we can help you figure this out and get up and running.
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
No pl

PL is set to 151.4 and the repeater doesnt output a pl so should be NO PL for CTCSS

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does the repeater actually use an output PL?

The 224.480 K2DEE repeater in question is entered in the RRDB with an output PL of 151.4. If they're transmitting CSQ on the output frequency, you're not going to hear anything.

When you enter 224.480 manually, it's probably being entered in tone search mode, so it will receive anything on that frequency regardless of PL.

Unfortunately, many of the ham repeaters in the RRDB are entered with an output PL, which is not always correct. Many ham repeaters transmit CSQ and only require a PL on the input. Some of them pass the input PL through to the output frequency, others do not.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All of the info I find for that repeater suggests they do NOT use an output PL. The DB listing is incorrect, the Tone Out field needs to be left blank.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Did you submit the correction to Essex County? That's the only way it'll get fixed.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Did you submit the correction to Essex County? That's the only way it'll get fixed.

Yep. The error was with the database entry here at RR.com.
This was not a case of "It looks like whatever process collects the data and sends it into the HP-1 tools is corrupted".
And like Chauffeur6 says a simple submission by someone in this thread and correction by an NJ database admin will guarantee that the correct mode of CSQ will be ready for Mondays HPDB database update. :)
Heck I will type up the submission.
Marshall KE4ZNR

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
...the correct mode of CSQ...

"CSQ" is not necessarily the correct mode. Many amateur repeaters pass the input PL through to the output, some do not. The best practice would be to leave the Tone Out field blank, which most software will interpret as "search for a tone". In effect, this is equal to CSQ, however the benefit is that it allows the scanner to display any tones, which may help with identifying what you're hearing in the case of a shared frequency.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
"CSQ" is not necessarily the correct mode. Many amateur repeaters pass the input PL through to the output, some do not. The best practice would be to leave the Tone Out field blank, which most software will interpret as "search for a tone". In effect, this is equal to CSQ, however the benefit is that it allows the scanner to display any tones, which may help with identifying what you're hearing in the case of a shared frequency.

Which is what was written up with the submission.
In the hands of whichever NJ database admin can "get 'er done" :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

kma371

QRT
PL is set to 151.4 and the repeater doesnt output a pl so should be NO PL for CTCSS

That's what we were getting at from the beginning. The DB here lists incorrect info. So if it's wrong, submit a correction...but it looks like someone already is taking care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.