TRX-2: Attenuation Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4APR

I went through the TRX-2 manual for this answer prior to posting. I do know how to read, much the surprise of some on this forum :D

Does anyone know what the attenuation level is applied when active? 1dB? 3dB? 5dB? Just wondering how much I'm getting when it's active.

I live in an area where it's very likely that one received transmission to the next can go to front end numbing strong to barely breaking squelch. I have had mixed results running attenuation. At times it does seem to help with trunking systems. However, a majority of what I am listening to is conventional analog and in those cases, I think running global attenuation could be hiding some of it. I understand that I can enable attenuation per channel and that might very well be what I do, but for now I wanted to play with it globally and see how it affected things.

K4APR

Scanners usually has a 20dB (100 times) attenuator. They are for sure always more than 10dB (10 times).

Thanks. In the RF world we're typically dealing with 1-5dB pads. That's why I was wondering if it was in that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.