Attitude of Ogden Dunes PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketMan1

scancapecod said:
So the answer is to go public in a forum where 99.999% of the people that read it aren't from your town? Very interesting approach, one that leads me to believe we're not hearing the whole story. I hope you have your ducks in a row; you'll likely need them to be.

In your infinite wisdom as an officer of 18 years what should I have done?
Go door to door asking for the communities help? This is a very small, multimillion dollar a home community with a VERY STRICT NO trespassing, NO solicitation law. Would going to jail help my cause?
How about contacting the town council? did this, but nobody has returned my calls, and as I stated before, without any other proof other than my word, this will go nowhere.
I have contacted some of the contractors, but they make a VERY good living in this community and don't want to jeopardies it, I can't blame them.
Your right only 99.999% that come to this forum are actually from my area, but as a police officer of 18 years you should know that it only takes that .1% to give you the information you need.
Let me put this in a way that a police officer can understand: If an alleged incident happens at, lets say 1 north 1st street, do you just focus all your resources at that particular area? NO. You ask around the whole street, the neighborhood, the community, YOU ASK EVERYWHERE, you use every resourse at your fingertips, and in my case that is an INDIANA forum, that's right, not a CapCod forum, but an INDIANA forum, there are many houses in this community that have what appears to be scanner or ham antenna on thier houses, so this would be a logical place to look. And any officer would realise this, which leads me to believe you might not be the police officer you claim to be, you might want to look in to your local laws. but I believe impersonating an officer is against the law. If you are the officer you claim, I would like to say thank you for the dedicated service you provide, if it wasn't for the GOOD police officers, our society would be a worse cespool than it already is.
Whether you believe this or not, I do not enjoy or even want to do this, I don't have the time or energy for this. I work 50-60 hours a week, I have 3 teenage Daughters, and a 1 year Granddaughter to occupy my time, I am also an officer and active member of my V.F.W, I do a lot of volunteer work within to help better my community. I also volunteer my time to either coach or help out in any way in every sport or activity my children are participating in at that time.
I have better things to do! so for you to even suggest I might be lying or not telling the whole story I find VERY insulting!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Well, I guess I'm not done after all. Sorry to come out of "thread retirement" folks, but I guess there was just no way around it.

1. I never said you were lying.
2. I said we weren't hearing the whole story, which is true. Is the other side of it present to tell his half? Nope, and I'm reasonably convinced he wouldn't post it in a public forum for all to see anyway. Those of us here will likely NEVER know the other side of the story unless this makes it to the press.
3. I continue to believe that this is not the forum for such a post or discussion, which is my opinion. You could be causing yourself MORE harm by doing so, which was the gist of my original post.
4. Your insinuation that I may be impersonating a police officer is quite entertaining. Contact me privately and I'll give you my number and extension at the police department if you care to confirm it.
5. If you have a valid complaint and the information that you've posted in a public forum is 100% accurate to the best of your recollection, then you need to find a way to make an official complaint to the right people. If this is truly an issue, and it's obvious that you believe it is, then it must be pursued to its conclusion. There is no room in the world for officers that conduct themselves in such a manner. Rank closing among them only works so far; in the end it will fail.
6. So again, going on the premise that #5 is correct, follow through on your complaint; find the right people. I just don't think you're going to find them here, and when I saw this thrown out in a public forum the way it was, I felt that there was more to it than meets the eye. I usually scroll right by this stuff, but it gets tiring to see half-assed attempts to discredit law enforcement officers in general because a person has had one bad experience with such an official. I see it all the time; seeing it in print at a hobbyist website...not even in the tavern BTW...just really torqued my screws, so to speak. You will never sway my opinion that making your post here was the right thing to do. My original posting suggested the definition of libel, as it's quite clear that some people blurt out, both in the spoken word and on paper, thoughts that come from their heart and not from their brain. My comment regarded what "could" happen down the road if your situation ever reached the legal system. If what you put into print, and what will be archived here indefinitely short of the thread being outright eliminated, is not a true and accurate statement it could be used against you. I was very surprised that someone would do so, use the officer's name, and proceed to trash him. Again, it just occurred to me that there might be more to the picture than meets the eye.

I'm not trying to insult you, not at all. My second post was full of attitude, yes, and I'll be the first to admit it. However, you should not make such a post in a public forum and expect everyone to fall in and jump on the bandwagon. That's ludicrous.

Good luck with it, and best wishes.

RocketMan1

scancapecod said:
Well, I guess I'm not done after all. Sorry to come out of "thread retirement" folks, but I guess there was just no way around it.

1. I never said you were lying.
2. I said we weren't hearing the whole story, which is true. Is the other side of it present to tell his half? Nope, and I'm reasonably convinced he wouldn't post it in a public forum for all to see anyway. Those of us here will likely NEVER know the other side of the story unless this makes it to the press.
3. I continue to believe that this is not the forum for such a post or discussion, which is my opinion. You could be causing yourself MORE harm by doing so, which was the gist of my original post.
4. Your insinuation that I may be impersonating a police officer is quite entertaining. Contact me privately and I'll give you my number and extension at the police department if you care to confirm it.
5. If you have a valid complaint and the information that you've posted in a public forum is 100% accurate to the best of your recollection, then you need to find a way to make an official complaint to the right people. If this is truly an issue, and it's obvious that you believe it is, then it must be pursued to its conclusion. There is no room in the world for officers that conduct themselves in such a manner. Rank closing among them only works so far; in the end it will fail.
6. So again, going on the premise that #5 is correct, follow through on your complaint; find the right people. I just don't think you're going to find them here, and when I saw this thrown out in a public forum the way it was, I felt that there was more to it than meets the eye. I usually scroll right by this stuff, but it gets tiring to see half-assed attempts to discredit law enforcement officers in general because a person has had one bad experience with such an official. I see it all the time; seeing it in print at a hobbyist website...not even in the tavern BTW...just really torqued my screws, so to speak. You will never sway my opinion that making your post here was the right thing to do. My original posting suggested the definition of libel, as it's quite clear that some people blurt out, both in the spoken word and on paper, thoughts that come from their heart and not from their brain. My comment regarded what "could" happen down the road if your situation ever reached the legal system. If what you put into print, and what will be archived here indefinitely short of the thread being outright eliminated, is not a true and accurate statement it could be used against you. I was very surprised that someone would do so, use the officer's name, and proceed to trash him. Again, it just occurred to me that there might be more to the picture than meets the eye.

I'm not trying to insult you, not at all. My second post was full of attitude, yes, and I'll be the first to admit it. However, you should not make such a post in a public forum and expect everyone to fall in and jump on the bandwagon. That's ludicrous.

Good luck with it, and best wishes.

I apologise for the not being an officer remark, it was uncalled for, when you made the statement about not hearing both sides of the story I just assumed you ment it like most others, that I was lying.
Again, I agree this was not the place to air dirty laundry, I was only trying to find someone with the same unfourtunate encounter as I. I had nowhere else to go other than the papers, and as I said I don't think it's fair to the good citizens of this community.Before this gets out of hand any further this will be my last post on this matter, If someone else has any info or is willing to make a stand contact me via private message.
Believe me when I tell you I have nothing against any law enforcement officers, PERIOD. unless they do something against the law or I find very un-professional, you will see from my other posts that I come from a long line of police officer, I have several that are county sheriffs, one that just retired as a deputy cheif, I even groomed my own life in the hopes of becomming an officer, but because of an injury sustained just after Dessert Storm, my dreams were crushed, but I continue to help, and support any and all law enforcement personel no matter the reason, I have several letters of commendation for doing such, it goes along with my nature to want to help others.
So again I apologise, I misunderstood your remarks as an attack. Thanks again for your 18 years of law enforcement, I'll say a prayer for your safety!

Status
Not open for further replies.