ATTN all Central Texas Scanners...TPD Upgrades??

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatuSChecKa

Hello, I just got out of my interview with the TPD Board, and they mentioned that they were going to upgrade to Digital or encrypted radios around December. Does that sound true, or what is that exactly, and is it different from Trunked Radios?

They mentioned that because I told them I am an avid listener to the Temple PD broadcasts. In which I listen to on my RS PRO-97. Am I out of luck?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just got out of my interview with the TPD Board, and they mentioned that they were going to upgrade to Digital or encrypted radios around December. Does that sound true, or what is that exactly, and is it different from Trunked Radios?

They mentioned that because I told them I am an avid listener to the Temple PD broadcasts. In which I listen to on my RS PRO-97. Am I out of luck?
There was a thread around the first of the year, about possibly Temple and/or the county system going to Provoice. If they switch to Provoice, your Pro-97 will not scan or trunk track that. Neither will any other scanner. Nor will any scanner receive encrypted talkgroups.

If they only move to a digital system, not Provoice or encrypted, a new scanner may be in order (your Pro-97 is not digital capable). Somebody closer to the area may have updated information on what's in the works.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
There was talk a while back that the "system" was already PROVOICE capable. It was the matter of forking over the cash for the radios and rebanding.
I hate to say it but there are a few county roads in my area in dire needs of repair where the money should go to.

WP4MZR

There was talk a while back that the "system" was already PROVOICE capable. It was the matter of forking over the cash for the radios and rebanding.
I hate to say it but there are a few county roads in my area in dire needs of repair where the money should go to.

I agree with you.....I dont really see the need for it.

The clowns at Harker Heights PD might want it..... just like this other clowns in Riverside http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113986

Status
Not open for further replies.