ATTN: Lancaster Rural Firefighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be setting up a Smart Phone like Pager System.

I have a scanner plug in to my computer with TwoToneDetect software. When tones are drop it will start recording 30sec of audio to witch department it belongs to then will be sent via email "Gmail is the fastest" and MMS message to the phone.

If you want to be part of this PM me, call or text me (402)570-2539

Ceresco 1357.6
Eagle-Alvo 1231.2
Malcolm 1153.4
Raymond 1185.2
Valparaiso 1218.8
Waverly 1285.8

Bennett 688.3
Firth 810.2
Hallam 767.4
Hickman 726.8
Pleasant Dale 584.8
Southeast 651.9
Southwest 617.4

DISCLAIMER

"Do not rely on this to send out all calls and always have your pagers"
"I am still beta testing this software and once It is fully tested and works 100%"

mr_tunz

Iam not a firefighter in Lancaster County area. But can I try this and see how it works? I would like to set somthing up like this is my area.

Iam not a firefighter in Lancaster County area. But can I try this and see how it works? I would like to set somthing up like this is my area.

Yeah sure could. It would help me test it more. What fire department would you want to get pages from? Also pm your email so I know where to be sending the pages.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

mr_tunz

Well I would like West Point Fire and Rescue but that Iam sure is far outta your range. Could you just put me on one of the departments that you already have set up so I can try??

Well I would like West Point Fire and Rescue but that Iam sure is far outta your range. Could you just put me on one of the departments that you already have set up so I can try??

Yeah sure can. Shoot me a pm with your email. Or phone email like @sprint.com or whatever it is.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Testing this for almost a week and works off and on with a lot of false alerts. Updated today and hope it fix some.

Also I have local media asking about using this service and if its legal.

If anyone has legal advice for them I'll fwd it to them.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

mr_tunz

I like it and seem to work ok. Like anythng new there is gonna be bugs.

As far as the media I would tell them to go stick it where the sun doesnt shine. Iam assuming you intentional purpose of this was to help fire and rescue personal that maybe cant carry a pager or out of range to get page. I know the media has a right to report what going on to the public but there wanting to take a product meant to help a fd and use it for there benifit.

If you decide to put them on your setup (which I discourage) I would make them pay a fee and a BIG fee. Iam talking thousand of dollars a year and maybe build in a 15 or 20 delay for media. Just so they cant be sending a crew andgetting in the way of responding units. And as far as it being legal I have no clue you better ask a lawyer on that one. Thats just my 2 cents. If you have a question or need help. Give me a call you got my number.
Phillip

Last edited:

Astrak

Not sure why it would be illegal for the media to use it, there are plenty of alert type services and public CAD type services for media in different areas of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.