ATTN: New Zealand feed providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Current and future feed providers to RadioReference that are based in New Zealand need to be aware of this letter that we received from New Zealand Police. See the attachment.

Thanks!

Lindsay

Attachments

• NZP_Ltr_RadioReference_10Apr.pdf
    728.6 KB · Views: 827

zl2taw

didn't take long for the NZ police to start chasing it up.
It's great listening to the feeds in my home country now they will disappear :(

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
To give the NZ Police credit, that's got to be one of the politest letters I've ever seen in regards to this sort of thing. Personally speaking, if it were me who was hosting a feed and received that letter, I wouldn't hesitate in taking it down - not for fear of prosecution, but out of respect given the tone of the letter.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Polite? I don't know about that. At any rate, they'd have no choice but to be polite. They can't determine who the feed providers are, and so they have no alternative but to politely ask Lindsay to make the NZ feed providers aware of the letter. I think it's great that Lindsay passed on the info.

What would be more interesting to know is if there were any feed providers in NZ who weren't anonymous and who were contacted directly by NZP. And if so, I wonder how those direct conversations with feed providers went.

I'm guessing that if you were one who received communications directly from the NZP regarding a feed you were providing, there was likely nothing at all polite or reasonable about it.

Mike

Last edited:

mjbjr

They can't determine who the feed providers are,
I dont know the laws there,but a suponea would give them the ip and then it would be easy.Correct?

Edit.. This sounded a little rude and harsh,its not to be taken that way,its really a question.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I doubt they could subpoena the information from Radio Reference. New Zealand isn't in the United States of course and Radio Reference is hosted in the United States.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
The wording of the NZL communication law seems similar to how the US words it but since NZL is so small, I don't think I would risk fighting them in court, compared to thousands of feeds in the US and the multi levels of courts you can fight in to win.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.