• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Attn: Stolen Xts5000r

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse175

Hi all

an XTS5000 did not make it through UPS yesterday from Westport, CT to Waterbury, CT. The only thing that arrived was an empty box. Please keep your eyes out for it on the for sale forums and notify local authority and myself if you believe you have located it. The radio details including serial number have already been registered into NCIC.

The radio is in a yellow housing with a silver reflective sticker surrounding the display rather than the standard black/grey.

The unit may be listed for sale as a parts unit, it was on its way to a radio shop for repair as the radio presents a fail code upon power up.

Model: H18QDF9PW6AN
Serial: 320CDS5739

Thanks everyone for your support with this!

Feel free to PM me with questions.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
UPS employees are almost certainly your prime suspects. Be sure to contact UPS about this and don't hesitate to get the police involved. UPS uses cameras in all their warehouse locations, and when
coupled with the detailed tracking and scanning data from their system, it may be possible to get
some visual indication of what was happening and when.

I don't know this for sure, but maybe UPS even check weighs every package as it passes through their
system. If so, and that information is recorded, it'll help guide you to the time of the theft, which
in turn suggests a location.

The UPS personnel near the destination are most likely to be suspects, as they may be aware of the fact that the destination receives and ships a lot of high value radio equipment.

Elroy

Last edited:

eclipse175

Elroy,

Thanks for the heads up. We ship tons of items through our local UPS store in Connecticut and they ALWAYS seal the boxes up for us. I thought that would be where we went wrong but I am not sure yet. Thanks for the tip on weight and cameras. What do these guys typically do with these kinds of thefts? Sell on these boards, ebay? pawn?

The serial number is now in the NCIC system thanks to local police dept. UPS has a claim open and UPS security in area warehouses are notified.

I encourage all on this board to inquire of the serial number on future transactions regarding XTS5000 UHF radios and would greatly appreciate if a moderator could extend this thread and include it somewhere in the items for sale area.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'll keep my eyes out
Most likely it will be on ebay in the future
Everyone should search ebay every couple of days for the one your looking for and if you find one like yours just ask them for the serial number on it.
Good thing they get one that doesnt work

eclipse175

It is a UHF.

It can be inhibited in a few diff ways, mostly on a trunking system dispatch can inhibit if configured correctly. Again you have to be in range of the dispatch and have dispatch send the inhibit code. Radio inhibi

This radio is non operational at the moment it needs repair. Motorola is aware of the situation for anyone looking to try and have it repaired. I hope it tries to be sold on eBay but I have a feeling since the unit has issues someone may get scared/not think its worth it and toss it in the trash.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I hope it tries to be sold on eBay but I have a feeling since the unit has issues someone may get scared/not think its worth it and toss it in the trash.
If they know what its worth then they will probably try to pawn it to someone who thinks it works or they will try to have it repaired.
probably a 90% chance it will be on ebay

hill

Premium Subscriber
I hope that you had it insured for the total declared value of the radio. Never ship any thing of value with UPS without purchasing the insurance, since UPS is very rough on boxes and many things get damaged in their trucks or sorting areas. I am not a big fan of UPS maybe in the future you could ship your radios with another company. I wouldn’t let any UPS store employee pack your shipments. Anything you ship out should be packed by you, so you know it is properly held inside the box by packing.

SLWilson

REPORT it to...

Report it as STOLEN to Motorola also.

If by chance, whoever took it DOES take it to a regular MOTO shop, MOTO can (and does) list reported stolen equipment to their dealers.

We had a stolen VHF portable recovered that way a while back. Moron thought he'd just go get it reprogrammed.

In the radio, it listed the FD info as the owner. They thought (at the MOTO shop) Hmmm, checked the computer amd found it had been stolen.

Just a thought.

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

ems170

Feed Provider
Few Questions:

What was programed in it?
Was this a personal or department radio?
Were there any engravings on the front?

eclipse175

area FD, PD EMS programmed, more of a personal radio. Motorola has been notified. No engravings unfortunately but I can recognize it if I see it. UPS sucks. it was unfortunately only insured up to 700. I paid roughly 800 total for the unit. I just want my check asap from UPS!

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
area FD, PD EMS programmed, more of a personal radio. Motorola has been notified. No engravings unfortunately but I can recognize it if I see it. UPS sucks. it was unfortunately only insured up to 700. I paid roughly 800 total for the unit. I just want my check asap from UPS!

not scamming for money are you?

jerk

Keep on UPS, they'll find it.
Out of all that I've shipped with UPS, they only slot my Yaesu FT-50 coming back from Yaesu.
I kept on them about it and it showed up, said was rerouted to Northern California.
I'm in Indiana. Yea right! But I did get my radio back.

eclipse175

I wish it were the simple. Unfortunately for me in this situation the box arrived at its destination, only it arrived empty.....

Fireandems13669 I sincerely hope that was sarcasm. If it was a scam why would I bother myself to post here, contact Motorola, file a police report, etc. I didn't need to do those things if all I wanted was a check from UPS.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I hope that you had it insured for the total declared value of the radio. Never ship any thing of value with UPS without purchasing the insurance, since UPS is very rough on boxes and many things get damaged in their trucks or sorting areas. I am not a big fan of UPS maybe in the future you could ship your radios with another company. I wouldn’t let any UPS store employee pack your shipments. Anything you ship out should be packed by you, so you know it is properly held inside the box by packing.

yeah pay for the extra cuz i think the limit otherwise is $100.00 also if i remember correctly there is also a stolen radio site online that will distribute your radio info just about everywhere so unless the radio coes to someone who can program it privately, they'll snag it.

actually yup here it is: http://www.genesisworld.com/stolen.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.