Audio 2 problems tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtidd

Database Admin
It seams we are having problems with Audio 2 again so this means listeners cannot connect to listen to feeds on Audio 2.

I have notified Lindsay.

redhat

Can't Connect To Listen

I have rebooted my server and it seems like both Ventura County Fire and Ventura Police don't allow any listeners to connect. VPD connection is connected and serving OK according to Oddcast.
Can't listen error:

Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

Don't know what is wrong???

feedus

Premium Subscriber
Ok that's why. I had DL the newest version of BBscanner and tried to connect to my feed and it kept saying "unable to connect" I come here and try my feed and get that MP3 error. Thanks

kd8jhc

I had it happen earlier this evening, more like 18:00 eastern. Then it was working great until.. yeah, probably 22:45 or so. I'm taking this opportunity to install the new broadcasting software and do general maintenance on my streaming computer... but I do hope it's fixed soon! ;)

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I have updated the main audio page noting the problem. Unfortunately until Lindsay can get to it it will remain down. It just happen at a bad time.

conve36

Southern California, Riverside County streams are very popular especially since our very rainy weather today and the rest of the week, causing havoc throughout the region.

Is anyone from RR going to be able to advise of how long the down time will be?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

We are back up now. We rolled out some changes this weekend that didn't work properly under high load, causing the audio server #2 to go into a hung status. Unfortuantely, it happened during the evening and our monitoring systems didn't detect a problem since the server was still running, just not serving feeds.

We've rolled back the change and now will investigate why this became an issue yesterday and how can prevent it in the future.

Sorry for the outage and the problems.

Warm regards,

feedus

Premium Subscriber
Folks,

We are back up now. We rolled out some changes this weekend that didn't work properly under high load, causing the audio server #2 to go into a hung status. Unfortuantely, it happened during the evening and our monitoring systems didn't detect a problem since the server was still running, just not serving feeds.

We've rolled back the change and now will investigate why this became an issue yesterday and how can prevent it in the future.

Sorry for the outage and the problems.

Warm regards,

Thank you for fixing it, Hopefully I will stop get those emails/phone calls from listener :)
Is there a way that we could switch or have the system switch over to another server in the event of this happening again, so that the feeds would stay up. Just thinking..... Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.