Audio AGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
On both the 536HP and 436HP, the audio gain control (digital) does not appear to be working. I have it turned on for my P25 system, and the fire tone outs and some portable units just blow me out of the room, and then the dispatcher can hardly be heard. I notice no difference in dynamic range with this setting on or off.

1Partsman

just for info...I have the same problem with a location on a P25 system...the volume is especially high...it worked pretty well on my 396xt, but has no effect on my 536

John

On both the 536HP and 436HP, the audio gain control (digital) does not appear to be working. I have it turned on for my P25 system, and the fire tone outs and some portable units just blow me out of the room, and then the dispatcher can hardly be heard. I notice no difference in dynamic range with this setting on or off.

I've noticed the very same problem with the volume. It appears there is no AGC built into my BCD536HP.
I hope Upman reads this post and looks into the problem, and it is a problem with the volume all over the place.

Maybe in a firmware upgrade the problem can be fixed?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
My 436 is the same it's horrible alongside my PSR-800. I've started a thread about this several times. The radio loves to clip the audio too when the volume level varies too much.

Nice to see I am not the only one.

The 2 BCD536HP's which I had, also exhibited this issue on both.

LiquidPandora

My 436 is the same it's horrible alongside my PSR-800. I've started a thread about this several times. The radio loves to clip the audio too when the volume level varies too much.

Marang anyone?.. Just love it:D

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin

I should have added if the AGC was actually working the audio wouldn't have to be clipped. Those high levels of audio would be brought down a few notches and the low levels up a few. Not really any different with Audio AGC on or off. The most annoying thing about it is you set the volume for a comfortable level. The mobile unit talks and you can't hear them so you turn up the volume. The mobile stops and the base comes up so much louder the audio clips. The PSR-800 does not do this.

Last edited:

1Partsman

AZ...if it is not a "bug" in the scanner, where else should it be reported...it worked on other scanners....other users sure can't fix it from afar......

John

kikito

Premium Subscriber
AZ...if it is not a "bug" in the scanner, where else should it be reported...it worked on other scanners....other users sure can't fix it from afar......

John

Yep, all my other scanners including the 396XT seem to function fine with AGC.

In fact, like I've said before, when the 396 first came out, it exhibited the same AGC issue and it got tweaked and smoothed out with subsequent firmware updates.

ScanMan0001

The 2 BCD536HP replacement units, which appeared to be unused, also exhibit the same issue. Also, this is with the current released software (1.03.03) loaded in both units.

Hopefully, this issue will be corrected in the next software release.

Status
Not open for further replies.