Audio Archive Needed For Court Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amuna1225

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning,
I found this site as I was looking online for police scanner archives. I am currently putting a court case together with my lawyer for police misconduct and a violation of my civil rights.

The feed/archive in question is the Kent County Sheriff's office in Michigan. I need a copy of the police scanner archive for the court case, as it is VITAL for us to win this case.

I figured maybe the admins can help me, because it will be easier than getting a subpoena and making this site release it since they're the only ones I can find that have an archive of it.

I realize that I can pay for a membership to get it, but have no use for this site other than that and don't think that should be necessary.

Thanks in advance.

-AJ

6 month membership is 15USD..And if it saves your skin would that not be worth it?

Besides that looks like the KentCo SO feed's offline.Feeds archive gos back to january.

Maybe instead of noting you can get a subpoena and get it anyway.I also think you'd have to send the subpoena to Broadcastify.Or just join wich is likely cheaper than having your lawyer write up a subpoena.
Give a lil detail on Exactly what your looking for.And maybe if the feed provider wants to help,they can.

Last edited:

mark432k

KC0LRU
If your claim of police misconduct is legit, I would suggest not putting such a request on these forums. You say you have a lawyer, let them do the legwork.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Spends thousands on a lawyer yet won't pay $15 to get the audio archive. Foolish.

kma371

QRT
The audio archive here probably wouldn't do you any good.

As others have suggested, tell your lawyer to contact the department itself and get the recordings from them directly as it is an offiCal record.

Otherwise you would need to subpoena the feed provider to testify in court to swear under oath that the audio he/she provided to radio reference is actually that of the department.

If you are actually paying for any attorney make them do your work for you, not going onto a hobbyist website asking for information. That's their job not yours.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
No guarantee on what you would get in audio archives off a scanner. The info you want might have been happening while someone else was talking and the scanner stopped on that instead.

AuntEnvy

I'm surprised

Anyone answered this.

Sounds like shenanigans to me.

I like the part about joining the site the best- first dead giveaway! ;)

svfd17

Sounds like someone wants a free premium membership. Sorry bud, looks like you gotta pay like everyone else

Sent from a rotary phone

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Good Morning,

I found this site as I was looking online for police scanner archives. I am currently putting a court case together with my lawyer for police misconduct and a violation of my civil rights.

The feed/archive in question is the Kent County Sheriff's office in Michigan. I need a copy of the police scanner archive for the court case, as it is VITAL for us to win this case.

I figured maybe the admins can help me, because it will be easier than getting a subpoena and making this site release it since they're the only ones I can find that have an archive of it.

I realize that I can pay for a membership to get it, but have no use for this site other than that and don't think that should be necessary.

Thanks in advance.

-AJ

$15 for the membership, vs. $400/hr for your lawyer to subpoena to get the audio...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I definitely would not recommend using our audio archives in a court case. Any agency could easily have the audio thrown out of court since it wasn't officially provided by the agency themselves.

You are better off subpoenaing the agency themselves for the audio you need.

Plus, there is no guarantee that there are even communications related to your incident - since many feeds cover many channels and many incidents don't even generate radio traffic that would be applicable to your case.

Good luck.

JoeyC

Violations of ones civil rights and police misconduct are certainly never discussed while talking on the radio so archives from some scanner feed that cannot be authenticated is worthless. Your lawyer doesn't seem to be a very good one if he's got you out doing his work for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.