audio boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

Any way to edit tg with the ez scan like adding audio boost? I know you can do it with the keypad but just wanted to know if they was a way with the ez scan software. Also using the keypad to turn on or off a scan set how do you get back to the scan option without turning scanner off then back on? thanks. This is a trx1

troymail

Silent Key
Any way to edit tg with the ez scan like adding audio boost? I know you can do it with the keypad but just wanted to know if they was a way with the ez scan software.

Yes - you might need to enable additional tabs under the 'Advanced" menu.

Also using the keypad to turn on or off a scan set how do you get back to the scan option without turning scanner off then back on? thanks. This is a trx1

Not sure I understand this question - scansets can be enabled/disabled on the radio under Program Menu->Global Settings->ScanSets Opt. Scan option? Press the MENU button and then scan...

HOLEBILLY

after I turn on or off a scan set, if I hit menu it does not take me back to the scan option. I have to turn off the scanner to get back to scan. when scanning I hit menu then scroll to scan sets I turn on or off scan sets I want then I hit menu and it takes me to option to edit TG. I keep hitting menu and it just keeps going back and forth from scan sets to edit TG.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
audio boost?

What audio boost? I have yet to hear any difference with that A/B clicked vs not. I've turned that off/ON per site and system and off and on for each "object" in the lists and I can't hear any "boost" going on. I'm sure someone, somewhere has a lab test that can prove it, but I can't hear it. Even at full volume, analog objects especially suffer on these new scanners when it comes to volume levels. I find myself grabbing my 15 year old Pro96 for the car instead of the WS1080. THAT old scanner has great volume that beats road noise. Oh. Also whatever "scan-set" you choose, you have to use the left arrow to go into* it to scan. When done and changing back to the another "scan-set" you have to turn that one OFF and toggle back to the other and select it to scan in. You can't turn a scan-set off and then have the scanner just start scanning on another list. It won't know what to do. It's all about on/off and select.

Last edited by a moderator:

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
When I turn a scan set off or on with select. I just use the left arrow to go back to scan and right arrow to start scanning. Fast and easy. Just 2 clicks after you have selected the scan sets.

HOLEBILLY

Still have not found how to add audio boost from ez scan software. I tried everything under advanced menu and no luck. I must be missing something.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
audio boost ?

It's the A/B column in the Conventional TAB and Trunked tab. A/B = audioboost. But I still can't hear any diff on my mixed System I listen to from Ohare Airport or any analog "object" ;0)

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
audio boost?

Good. Let me know if you can tell a difference with all of that clicked and unchecked. I sure can't. I use the Sport Sync radio 303 from Scanner Master to feed my WS1080 into to get a real volume boost. It has an aux input. It's the sound you hear in the background of this video
I put on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/YNLcw4cXQVk

Good thing is the 303 takes 4 D batteries and I can take it in the car with me on longer trips if I want. I'm also looking into an after-market hook up to my AM/FM car radio AUX input with 3.5mm addition so I can just hook the scanner up to it. I used to have car speakers hooked up for my very first crystal hand held scanner in the 1970s. Worked great.

HOLEBILLY

very little difference in the audio boost if any, you were right Johnnydollar. I like your setup with the 303 sync radio, sounds like something I might try. Also keep me informed on your other idea of going thru your car speakers. I use my TRX1 mobile a lot and the road noise just kills my scanner. Thanks for all the information.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Audio Boost

Sure thing. That idea of the car speakers is going to be more of a warm weather thing If I do it myself next spring. There ARE after-market plugs/connectors for my car as I saw it being done for an Iphone/AUX hookup for my model and make of Car on Youtube. Some company has them pre-made, but of course, the AM/FM radio AUX plug in is behind 8 or 10 big screws 3 panels and 4 or 7 wires that need unplugging before I can get to the back of the radio where you would plug it in. It was so much easier on our old crappy 1969 Dodge Dart. ;0) Sport Sync 303 is much easier but even that doesn't help the Whistler-analog volume levels on some frequencies/objects. It's not really worth the money Scanner Master wants for it. But I got it for the AUX output and it's sync up for local AM sports announcers vs National (out of town ignorant) types like Joe Buck during the World Series.

http://www.scannermaster.com/SportSync_Radio_p/58-561912.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.