Audio Channels Switched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hi gang . . . any idea how or why my feed's stereo audio channels could have gotten swapped left for right?

Wauconda Police and Quad 3 Fire

I first noticed it this morning when I got to work and plugged in my iPhone to listen. I checked the archives, and sure enough they got swapped last night.

At 20:43 CDT 15 July 2014, they were correct; Wauconda PD on the left, Quad 3 Fire on the right. However, at 20:47, just four minutes later, they were swapped.

At the time, I was sitting at the desk where the radios & PC are, working on another PC and listening live via the PC audio output. There was no change listening live, so I know that the audio input to the PC or sound card settings didn't change.

Thanks for any ideas on this one.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Fixed - Audio Channels Switched

Well isn't that bizarre . . . checked RadioFeed and my VU meters, and sure enough, the audio channels passing through the sound card to RadioFeed were backwards, although the sound card output to my speakers was correct. The Windows mixer input (recording) balance control was backwards too, even though the mixer output (playback) balance control was correct.

Restarted the computer and all is well. No root cause or even probable cause could be determined as I did nothing to that computer last night except jiggle the mouse to clear the screen-saver. Bizarre.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Stereo

This also happened to me with ProScan. As others also had it happen. As far as I knew it was unexplained. I just went back to mono. What app do you use on your iphone? My neighbor uses Scanner Radio but it doesn't have a balance control. Unless they added it recently

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Ah, OK . . . I hadn't read about others having the same issue, thanks.

I use Scanner911 (I like it because it records as it's streaming) and sometimes 5-0 Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.