• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Audio cutting in and out periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
This is kinda strange on my UHF GP300, randomly when im talking, its fine on the other end but when RX, its loud and clear and few seconds later or randomly, the audio goes down so low i have to put it up to my ear to hear it then it blasts loudly. This never happened before the first day i got it THUS it was a used GP300 radio when i first got it on a Band Swap at another shop, so really I guess i did not know the previous history of it, what the previous users used it for "normally just TX/RX on rented Freqs"

Not sure what could be wrong but i may end up chunking it or taking it by the shop later today and see what they can determine what could be causing the audio to go in and out, bad speaker mic connectors or something? something else that could be wrong with the board or could it just be something totally different.

I haven't YET to find out whats wrong with it, so im pretty much missing out on the action or not being able to RX properly, my last option was to just trash it or unless someone can check it, do an alignment, testing and see whats wrong and if its just that bad, the trash is the next place it will go.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Unfortunately is sounds like it may be on it's last leg.

Don't chunk it, put it on eBay as a tech special.

I may do that or ill list it here, makes it easier and free but i wont put it at such a high price or unless someone was willing to trade for a VHF unit, but doubt that will happen.

It could be on its last leg, i had it checked out at the shop today, didnt look like much, something on the board was arcing with the plate where the speaker sits or when you take the housing off, its just that round opening.

I was told by another shop to just try and clean off the Mic Jacks then stick the mic plug in and out, kinda confusing as i could say.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Or you can use it as a learning experience and play with it to see what makes it work! I've found just checking out some connections, resistors, etc with a meter has found a couple minor problems that were an easy fix.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
well the motorola shop in my town said i only need to replace the volumn pod "i think if thats what it was" and probably something else, 20 dollars to replace, 60 for labor.. not bad.. just high.

good thing it wasnt my VHF, i would go insane but my UHF radio will be like my Tech Radio...

Yup! this is a typical issue with the GP300 and the SP50 radios. The volume switch needs to be replaced which cost about $5 in parts and 10 minutes of work. Easy fix!

Astro25

The mic jacks are absolutely terrible on them and have a rather high failure rate. Try not to stress it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.