Audio cutting out on my feed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if someone can help me because I can't figure this problem out for the life of me. For some reason the audio cuts in & out, and if you listen to me feed you can hear it too, but I can see it on my scanner that the channel goes off and then comes back on like it loses reception or something for a minute. It's a trunked 800 system and I'm in a good area of my county so there should be no antenna or reception problems and my scanner is by my wall in a window so it can't be any building interference... I would appreciate anyone's input... :)

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you don't have the squelch turned up too far. This could reduce your reception. Also make sure the attenuator is off.

Yup already check that first, ATT is off and I have my Squelch turned down just past the squelch noise stopping... so it's something else... Did u hear it on my feed cut in and out by chance?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just to be clear, this really isn't a live feed problem, it's an issue with the scanner itself. The live feed is only broadcasting whatever you're hearing while sitting right in front of the scanner in person.

You'd probably have better luck asking for assistance in the Radio Shack or Florida forums, since this is a reception issue.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Well see that's the thing I don't think it's a reception issue because I'm in a good part of the county and my scanner is by my window so I don't know what else it could be. Ur right I suppose I should post in the other Topic forum I just figured I'd post here since it is a live feed broadcasting...

--David Coviello
IPN Dispatcher (FLA-294)
Broward Sheriff's Office feed broadcaster

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
but I can see it on my scanner that the channel goes off and then comes back on like it loses reception or something for a minute.

If you're seeing the actual scanner itself cutting in and out, having nothing to do with whether the scanner is feeding audio to the computer, then it's really not a live feed or streaming software issue. It's an issue with the scanner's reception, or the performance of the scanner itself.

I'm just going by what you've described.

W2PMX

Check priority channel, weather priority, close call (or the Radio Shack or GRE equivalent) - something is probably causing the scanner to look at some other frequency every few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.