BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Audio Cutting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

GCRCN

Real quick - I see 30 frequencies for the 1 site you have in Sentinel - you have 15 in yours. A quick cross check to RR and it looks like you have no control channels loaded. The ones in red.

Don't know what happened there, ARC536 has done that before on d/'sl from RR database. i reloaded it again with all 30 freqs the CC is 856.1625 and still picks up nothing.

Also - it's easier if you export as an HPE - that is the standard Sentinel import/export.

i sent the ARC536 file don't use Sentinal

Lat and lon are slightly different - if you use location based, not enough to probably make a diff.

Have the Location settings "off" under Settings. Thanks for the heads up thoguht that might be it but the updated FAV LIST still quite.

Thanks
Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Give the attached file a shot and see what happens. It did appear the control channels were missing.

I'm gussing you created this in ARC 536. I added the system a second time in this HPD file, including all four sites. That second system has a System Quick Key of 1 and the four sites have quick keys starting at 60.

If it works, you can polish it up with ARC as you did the other (as in capital letters). Also, some of the ranges a small, such as the airport being 2.0 miles. Don't know if it is a big issue with Location Control Off, however.

Last edited:

OHIOSCAN

GCRCN

I'm gussing you created this in ARC 536. I added the system a second time in this HPD file, including all four sites. That second system has a System Quick Key of 1 and the four sites have quick keys starting at 60.

If it works, you can polish it up with ARC as you did the other (as in capital letters). Also, some of the ranges a small, such as the airport being 2.0 miles. Don't know if it is a big issue with Location Control Off, however.

Thanks will play with the update as soon as I d/ it.l, Ya PHASK posted me about the freqs, i've reloaded the file so many times one of my tweaking attempts trashed the list. ARC 536 RR D/L has done that on a couple systems. I did still not work after I updated the list, will post in a bit after loading your tweked file.

Thanks for the help
Mike

OHIOSCAN

New File

Give the attached file a shot and see what happens. It did appear the control channels were missing.

Ran the GCRN2 file for 2 hours not one hit, I really think the 436 is just deaf. There is no reason why GCRCN should not work, my GRE's get 5 bar sigs they just don't decode GCRCN P25 very well. The 436 when it hears GCRCN sounds great, but that depends on local prop.Dumped my old 396 & 996 after 2 weeks when it first came out for the same issue.

I really appreciate the help, maybe a future F/W update will improve the situation. Gonna try and get time to move around my QTH and see what happens.

Thanks
Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry this didn't resolve the issue.

One last thought. Can you "turn off" the Favorites Lists and "turn on" the full database and set the range to something like 50 miles and see what happens?

If the GRE receives the system with five bars, you'd think the 436 would get at least something. Plus it having sporadic reception has me scratching my head since I believe you said you are like 12 miles from a site (if I remember right).

Something I do if I have a problem with a trunked system not coming in. That's to program the system as a conventional system, entering all of the channels (control, alternate control and voice channels). Then scanning it for a while. It might stop on the control channel (motorboating), and I'll avoid/lock it out. If I get comms, then I know I'm in range and the issue is with the trunk settings.

OHIOSCAN

GCRCN

I'm sorry this didn't resolve the issue.

One last thought. Can you "turn off" the Favorites Lists and "turn on" the full database and set the range to something like 50 miles and see what happens?

Tried that pretty much the same.

If the GRE receives the system with five bars, you'd think the 436 would get at least something. Plus it having sporadic reception has me scratching my head since I believe you said you are like 12 miles from a site (if I remember right).

I did get a 10ft piece of coax and hooked the 436 up to my splitter for my outdoor antenna. The reception is much improved including GCRCN. All my others handhelds hear these same depts with just a Watson 889, Don't know if I just got a crappy build or the 436 needs a monster sig to match the performance of 5 year old radios. Carrying around a 30ft tall antenna might not work so hot. (gr)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I might be dreaming, but I think someone else posted a problem with reception (as in signal strength) with their scanner. They changed the squelch setting and found improvement.

OHIOSCAN

Thanks I will have to look for that, right now my squelch is at 2 or 3 depending on antenna. I wonder about wiping the card clean and starting fresh, although not sure that should affect sensitivity.

Thanks
Mike

BSTIBIS

I was briefly reading over this thread and saw someone post that the WX priority could cause it the P25 system to cut out after about 5 seconds. I tried shutting off the WX priority and it worked! No more cutting out! Hopefully this works for others

PS, I know this is about 4 years late... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.