Audio difference between phase 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve52001

Premium Subscriber
Yes I was curious if anyone has been successful in coming up with a solution for the much louder audio on phase 2 on the TRX-2? I occasionally monitor the FW system that has Waxahachie on it. When they start talking on it, it is way louder and kinda annoying when I have it turned up for the other systems I monitor. I've tried turning off audio boost and mess with the DAC. I know it has been discussed some, but wasn't sure if anyone actually found a good work around. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
There is no real fix to this as Whistler has always suffered from this extreme volume diff in Phase 1 and 2. Only thing you can do to keep from being blasted out when the agency randomly switches to Phase 2 is lower the ADC gain and DAC gain in your scanner menu under Global Settings. MY FIX for this was getting a Unication G5 pager for a few hundred more and there is no diff with those. You just get the perfect reception with same volume for one or two. The Whistler "scanners" were strange and difficult. I rarely use mine now

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Audio boost is for analog, use it to increase audio on those, use ADC and DAC to lower the volume on P25 systems. adjust these settings to more balance out the audio from digital to analog. The DAC adjustment may also effect your p25 reception YMMV.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Ok thanks. I’m wondering if Uniden’s are the same.
No. Volume varies by channel based on variations in the transmitter mic gain and user behavior, but not the type of digital.

dem1

These settings continue to work best for me on my TRX-1. They somewhat reduce the volume difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2, and phase 2 audio doesn't sound quite as compressed with DAC gain set to minimum. (I think the DAC output overdrives a subsequent audio stage on phase 2 signals.) But it's not a perfect solution.

OpenCarrier

There is no real fix to this as Whistler has always suffered from this extreme volume diff in Phase 1 and 2. Only thing you can do to keep from being blasted out when the agency randomly switches to Phase 2 is lower the ADC gain and DAC gain in your scanner menu under Global Settings. MY FIX for this was getting a Unication G5 pager for a few hundred more and there is no diff with those. You just get the perfect reception with same volume for one or two. The Whistler "scanners" were strange and difficult. I rarely use mine now
Huh ya. My Pro106 APCO channels are SUPER loud! I have to turn the knob down when one comes up then turn it back up gain when hearing a conventional deal.:alien:

EDIT: APCO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.