Audio distortion/hash on my feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbabubba

I asked this before but never got an answer. My live audio feed of MIA airport seems to have distorted audio (not a humm, but some kind of distortion), especially on the lighter signals. If the audio is full quieting into the scanner, and hence into the computer, the distortion goes away.

I don't hear the distrotion/hash on the direct output from the scanner. I have the volume controls all set to about middle-range so I am not overdriving anything. Any ideas?

Here's a link if you want to hear it... Miami International Airport Live Scanner Audio Feed

VFN05

Interference

Bubba,

Am I correct in understanding that the issue does not exist when listening to the scanner without the feed attached, but does once the feed is streamed?

If so, I would check the following:
-Reboot your computer
-Check the patch cords between the scanner and the PC
-Listening to the feed from the PC speakers to (after it has been received and processed by your sound card)

I have been listening to your feed for the past 10 minutes, but haven't heard anything other than variable "chimey" sound on weak signals.

You may also want to switch antennas or move your antenna and see if the problem resolves. While this could reduce a source of interference that may be overriding weak signals, I cannot explain why the interference only is apparent when connected to the computer.

Hope this helps!
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.