Audio Feeds expanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Just a note to those that may not be aware, Providence Fire's digital system is available here at RR on the live feeds, and at providencefirescanner.com. At the site, there is a page where the audio archives have been edited to feature fire specific events from dispatch to under control, so you don't have to sift through hours of audio files for the interesting stuff.

The entire RISCON system is also available here and at the site, as well as via Proscan, though no audio records are kept of this feed.

Yesterday, the Providence Citywide Fire Network was added to the site. I don't think it's something that RR would be interested in hosting, so it is only available at http://www.providencefiresacanner.com along with full audio archives, and edited incident specific audio files. PCFN is very active and is a great notification service for the Providence and large surrounding area.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Once again, the Providence Fire Scanner site has been expanded, with a new feed dedicated to the Providence Police Department having just been added. Maybe I should consider changing the domain name since it's not just fire anymore.

Providence Fire Scanner

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Just an update for those that may have attempted to listen to the Providence PD feed over the past few days. The computer I bought for the sole purpose of streaming seems to have reached it's CPU limit with 4 feeds being broadcast, and the 5th feed was causing a lot of rebuffering issues. I have moved the Providence PD feed to a different computer, and there now seems to be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.