Audio issues have returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

Thinking my scanner was screwed up,I plugged in Byron and Houston county stuff in and it works fine. So is there something with Macon-Bibb thats stopping me from hearing it?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I live in Byron and I can pick up Bibb County with full signal but I don't see any traffic for them. Maybe use line in or mic in to see that will work.

N8IAA

It just doesnt wanna pick up Bibb for some reason. Could they have gone to encrypted?

First, if they flipped the switch, you wouldn't hear anything but noise on the 197.
Second, maybe they switched to Phase II TGID's, which the 197 won't decode.
Third, they really don't have to tell anyone what changed. The truly wonderful thing that city,
county, and state governments do:roll:
Just my thoughts.
Larry

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
It just doesnt wanna pick up Bibb for some reason. Could they have gone to encrypted?

Maybe or maybe not. I'm using my 536HP scanner and I do pick up the system but never hear any talk groups when in use.

mjbjr

Im at a loss. I know how to do very little with these things so I guess its a waiting game. I asked a friend who's a bso deputy and he was unaware of anything. But that doesnt mean anything I know.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
It's still showing as P1. Just heard a fire dispatcher, but I haven't heard anything else. I hear SO dispatchers now and then but nothing else. Maybe the recent storms took something out?

Who can check out the Monroe County Simulcast? I could probably make it up there within the next couple of days but I'm too busy.

mjbjr

I didnt notice I had the FD on there. SO I removed it,and added in Monroe SO on Channel 5. Lets see what that does.

mjbjr

Ok so i got a no audio report this morning and came home at lunch to check it out. The scanner is putting out audio but its not getting any audio threw the app or online.

charlesdotcc

Ok, so you can you confirm that if you unplug the audio cable from the scanner and sit and listen for a while, you do hear things through the speaker on the radio? But then when you plug the audio back into the computer, you don't see it? Are you using my computer or your computer?

mjbjr

Ok, so you can you confirm that if you unplug the audio cable from the scanner and sit and listen for a while, you do hear things through the speaker on the radio? But then when you plug the audio back into the computer, you don't see it? Are you using my computer or your computer?

I think the on board audio is bad. I moved it to my main computer and it seems to be working. Or it was about an hour ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

charlesdotcc

Ok, you think the built-in audio on my computer is bad? Interesting. Well, I guess just let us know if it stops working on your computer and we'll go from there.

mjbjr

Ok, you think the built-in audio on my computer is bad? Interesting. Well, I guess just let us know if it stops working on your computer and we'll go from there.
No it's bad on my computer. Sorry for that. I haven't touched yours.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
snippet of dsd cc only

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 165

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
it's what theyre always using. i would like to have a list as to what talkgroup is what though.

Status
Not open for further replies.