Audio issues (wow sounding) BCD996XT scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_county

Hello. I'm a Broadcastify audio provider and have been using Proscan (and other software) for some 10 years. I currently have an audio issue that I can't seem to resolve. I do a bit of playing around so I could very well have hit something I shouldn't have. The audio is coming out of the scanner just fine however, once it is played on the computer (or any other audio feed) it goes into an audio "WOW" I'll call it. The audio, for example, sounds like the volume is being turned from 10 to 2 about 2 times a second. Any suggestions? Happens on both digital and analog channels.

Running Windows 10, Proscan 15.3 (but did it on earlier versions as well), rs232 to usb, record jack to computer input, AGC on analog and digital, priority scan settings off. The setup has worked fine for many years.

Regards, Bernie.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello. I'm a Broadcastify audio provider and have been using Proscan (and other software) for some 10 years. I currently have an audio issue that I can't seem to resolve. I do a bit of playing around so I could very well have hit something I shouldn't have. The audio is coming out of the scanner just fine however, once it is played on the computer (or any other audio feed) it goes into an audio "WOW" I'll call it. The audio, for example, sounds like the volume is being turned from 10 to 2 about 2 times a second. Any suggestions? Happens on both digital and analog channels.

Running Windows 10, Proscan 15.3 (but did it on earlier versions as well), rs232 to usb, record jack to computer input, AGC on analog and digital, priority scan settings off. The setup has worked fine for many years.

Regards, Bernie.

I would determine if the problem is on input or playback side.. When you say "or any other audio feed" I take that to mean that all feeds act the same so perhaps it's on the playback side. If that's the case, try another media player and check the media player options.

Also In the Win Mixer, click the "Listen to this device"
Do you have any enhancements or special effects turned on in the Win Mixer?
In ProScan go to the Audio Control -> Monitor & Test tab and click the loopback button.

Status
Not open for further replies.