Audio link for Vigo/Knox County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

I have a question,Is there a audio link for scanner traffic for ,(Vigo County) south down to (Knox County) Would like to hear Vigo and the counties along US 41 south to Knox County.can anyone advise if there is such a link that is available?Thank You,Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis

N9WP

W9NES said:
I have a question,Is there a audio link for scanner traffic for ,(Vigo County) south down to (Knox County) Would like to hear Vigo and the counties along US 41 south to Knox County.can anyone advise if there is such a link that is available?Thank You,Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis

Hi Tim, I don't know of any feeds down that way currently. I've driven through there several times and the scanner if pretty silent because they seem to encrypt a lot of the traffic for Terre Haute and Vigo county. Last time I was through there, Sullivan county was still using old analog vhf frequencies and haven't made the move to SAFE-T yet. If I hear anything different, I'll let you know. Maybe someone else can jump in with more info...

W9NES

Thanks N9WP, I used to go to school down in southern Indiana at Vincennes University from 1983-1985 where I was also a reserve Police Officer for the City of Vincennes while I was attending the University for law Enforcement studies and got my Two year degree in Law Enfocement and was a active Law Enforcement officer after school and then accepted in better paying job in the priviate sector.Was wanting to hear the radio traffic from that area that I used to hear while I was living on campus in Vincennes and and riding along with the other regular officers in town on the weekends.Thanks for your help.73 Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis

Radio_Cowboy

Vincennes sure wasn't all that interesting to listen to when I lived down there and attended VU 1994-1997. We had more fun listening to the 46mhz cordless phone frequencies when I lived in the dorms. City PD was on VHF simplex back then, and it was mostly domestic or alcohol related calls. VU campus PD had a VHF repeater that would cover the whole town and then some..and the most exciting stuff they did was hang out down by the CSX railroad bridge at the south end of the campus to make sure all the drunk idiots didn't try to cross the tressle and get hit by a train. The campus PD would back up Vincennes city PD on calls that were close to campus, occasionially.

Knox county SD only had 3 or 4 deputy's on duty at night bak then, so they were pretty quiet most of the time. Used to hear them talking with the State Police district 35 units on ILEEN.

Used to hear Evansville, Bloomington, Terre Haute, and Jasper state police districts on 42.42. Knew the band was coming up if Indianapolis, Sellersburg, or even Lafeyette started coming in.

Sure was simple monitoring back then. All I had was a old 60 channel Regency Turbo scanner with a Radio Shak ground plane antenna.

usswood

W9NES said:

No..No one has an on-line scanner in this area....everything is receivable here in Vigo County...all expect Terre Haute City PD/ISU PD...They are on EDACS Digital...other that that...everything else is Safe-t or conventional.

xx8josh9xx

i plan to go to school there next year (at VU) was wondering if a Pro-164 (20-164) will pickup local police/fire....along w/ campus police (gota know if my party is going to get busted so i can get outa there you know =)....)

kadetklapp

I think the excitement has picked up since '97. I was there in 01 thru 03 and still visit quite frequently. For whatever reason, Knox county is still using analog tg's on the Safe-T system, rather than just using digital radios. I don't why they don't upgrade, must be a $$$ thing. Pursuits seemed to be pretty frequent during my time down there working for the police department.

W9NES

I also went to VU from 85-87 for Law Enforcement and when I was down there everybody was on VHF.VU PD was on 155.880,VPD was on 154.785 and KCSP was on 155.250,VCFD was on 155.100, VCFD was on 154.205, Ambulance Service I was was on 155.295, EMAS was on 155.220, and HALTER/SMITH was on 155.400,Also Heard Lawenceville,Il PD along with Fire on 154.430 and I was able to monitor ILL State Police Effingham Post on 42.520.Those were the best times of my life at VU for those yearsI also met a great firend of mine who was on VUPD while I was there Bob Young who is now on VPD.I was also was watching Ch 10 WTHI TV along WTTO CH 2 along with other TV stations from Evansville on the Cable TV system.I also had my stereo hooked up to the cable tv hook up to use for the fm antenna and got a better signal on FM stations outside VU.Be ready for the Fire alarms to go off at 2AM in the dorm where I stayed (Harrison Hall) RM4 and 23.

kadetklapp

VHF is still active down there. I know that VUPD still uses their VHF quite frequently not only for cadets, but the officers do as well. I believe VPD and Knox County still maintain VHF as a "tac channel" type deal, as we communicated with them frequently on it at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.