BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Audio Muffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I noticed it today that when I'm listening to Nashua NH which is Digital trunking. I turned it on and it sounds muffled. I lowered the volume level and it helps a tad but not the greatest. I plugged it into a headphone jack to see if I notice improvement but its the same. I just did a firmware upgrade and still have the problem.

I got the scanner from Scan Master on December 25th 2013. It was fine with no problems and now having audio problems. Do I contact Scan Master and let them know about my problem? Or do I need to ship it back to Uniden> Not sure what the warranty is as it 5 months since I've had it

Thanks

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I noticed it today that when I'm listening to Nashua NH which is Digital trunking. I turned it on and it sounds muffled. I lowered the volume level and it helps a tad but not the greatest. I plugged it into a headphone jack to see if I notice improvement but its the same. I just did a firmware upgrade and still have the problem.

I got the scanner from Scan Master on December 25th 2013. It was fine with no problems and now having audio problems. Do I contact Scan Master and let them know about my problem? Or do I need to ship it back to Uniden> Not sure what the warranty is as it 5 months since I've had it

Thanks

I think it should be sent to Uniden for repair since most sellers will not take radios back after about 2 to 4 weeks. However, I would first try and find out if the Nashua NH site has a problem. Anyone you can contact to see if they also are receiving Nashau muffled or do you have another radio to try?

bama9999

Is it a phase 2 system? If so, it appears that both the 436 and the 536 have bassier/muffled audio on phase 2 systems. I know my 536 does. Analog and Phase 1 p25 sound great, but phase 2 leaves a bit to be desired.

NFR85

I think it should be sent to Uniden for repair since most sellers will not take radios back after about 2 to 4 weeks. However, I would first try and find out if the Nashua NH site has a problem. Anyone you can contact to see if they also are receiving Nashau muffled or do you have another radio to try?

I do but I don't have it with me. Uniden doesn't have a good turn around time. Last time I sent in a radio took a month to get it back. And no I don't have anyone to call to see if they are having problems.

Last edited:

NFR85

Is it a phase 2 system? If so, it appears that both the 436 and the 536 have bassier/muffled audio on phase 2 systems. I know my 536 does. Analog and Phase 1 p25 sound great, but phase 2 leaves a bit to be desired.

I believe it is Phase II not 100%. I know they got new radios but not sure if they went from Phase I to Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.