Audio not playing for feed on one scanner, but okay on another

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I'm lost. Just switched my feed from computer to Pi4, scanner was working fine on feed through Radio Feed. Now the original scanner is working fine, the cable is working, but feed on Pi4 is not working (no audio) using original scanner (a PRO651), but if I unplug the audio cable and plug it in to another scanner it works fine.

Any trouble shooting I can do.

DC31

Feed Provider
My head is spinning a little... let’s see if I got this right. You have a pi4 with a usb audio card and a 3.5mm audio cable plugged into the mic jack. You have 2 scanners. Nos. 1 & 2. When the other end of the audio cable is plugged into the output from Scanner 1 you can successfully stream to your bcfy feed. When that end of the cable is plugged into Scanner 2, nothing Comes through the stream. If I have that right, it certainly appears that your problem is with the output on scanner 2. Double check the audio cable, inserted firmly at each end. Plugged into the mic jack, not the earbud jack? Try swapping ends on the audio cable. Can you check the output of the scanner jack with earphones of a speaker?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Double check the audio cable, inserted firmly at each end. Plugged into the mic jack, not the earbud jack? Try swapping ends on the audio cable. Can you check the output of the scanner jack with earphones of a speaker?

You are correct. the audio cable is fine and plugged into correct jack, works great on Scanner 1 not scanner 2, however if I plug scanner 2 into powered speakers the audio out on the scanner works. Also, for the past 4 years, until 2 hours ago, scanner 2 was hooked to a feed through my laptop working fine.

DC31

Feed Provider
Have you used the 3.5 mm audio cable that you are connecting to the usb sound card to connect to the powered speakers?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have you used the 3.5 mm audio cable that you are connecting to the usb sound card to connect to the powered speakers?

That's not possible, male to male cable, and hard wired cable on speakers. But cable is working on scanner one.

DC31

Feed Provider
Based on your description (no changes to anything on the pi, simply swapped scanners) i still think that things point to the audio cable connection to scanner 2. Need to find some way to confirm that the audio is getting through that connection. Can you use that audio cable to connect to the old laptop?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but I'm not sure what you mean, my feed is now on the Pi so how do I test on laptop?

Let me know what you mean, here or DM and I'll check it tomorrow.

DC31

Feed Provider
I am just trying to think of a way to check the output from that 3.5 mm cable when connected to scanner 2.

a417

That's not possible, male to male cable, and hard wired cable on speakers. But cable is working on scanner one.
do you have alligator clips? alligator clips on the appropriate parts of the barrel connector on the wire in question to the speaker leads...

Status
Not open for further replies.