Audio problem with Radiofeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

I need Proscan or someone who can help with this to respond. I'm helping someone with a feed who has adjusted some settings in Radiofeed under the 'audio' tab where you can adjust type from sine triangle etc. and the level and frequency sliders. Now the audio coming from radiofeed across the broadcastify feed is very distorted. It sounds like the audio is coming from under water or in a bathroom.

How does one reset those levels to default so that the audio coming from the scanner sounds exactly the same to the listener on the feed?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I need Proscan or someone who can help with this to respond. I'm helping someone with a feed who has adjusted some settings in Radiofeed under the 'audio' tab where you can adjust type from sine triangle etc. and the level and frequency sliders. Now the audio coming from radiofeed across the broadcastify feed is very distorted. It sounds like the audio is coming from under water or in a bathroom.

How does one reset those levels to default so that the audio coming from the scanner sounds exactly the same to the listener on the feed?

1st turn up the RadioFeed level controls (on left side) to 100%. The frequency slider is for test tone and will not have any effect.

Next set the scanner audio volume control to about 40%.

Next if using a mic input on the sound card then go into the Windows Mixer and adjust the Recording side mic level to a comfortable level.

Click the RadioFeed loopback control to monitor the audio to see if set right before listening on the media player side.

nexus

So it doesn't matter at all if you change the type to sine or triangle or square etc. and doesn't matter if you change the level from say -30 db to -80 or -4 etc. and the frequency from 1000 to something totally different. It's odd because adjusting those settings have had a distinct and adverse effect on the quality of the audio. It starts out sounding normal but then quickly starts sounding like a very poor quality of digital transmission, and it's distorted.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So it doesn't matter at all if you change the type to sine or triangle or square etc. and doesn't matter if you change the level from say -30 db to -80 or -4 etc. and the frequency from 1000 to something totally different. It's odd because adjusting those settings have had a distinct and adverse effect on the quality of the audio. It starts out sounding normal but then quickly starts sounding like a very poor quality of digital transmission, and it's distorted.

The tone settings (freq and level) have absolutely no effect on audio quality. You may also want to check the Windows Mixer to make sure you don't have any special effects on.

The test tone is on the capture and playback side. Correct? When the test tone is off then the tone type; sine, triangle, square, noise will have no effect.

My advise is turn off the test tone (if on) and don't worry about the tone type, level, and frequency. Concentrate on another area. I don't mean to sound rude but I think you are focused in the wrong area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.