Audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

trike_rider

Hello,this is my first post here but I have been using this site and forum for awhile now,I just haven't had any problems up until now.I have a Uniden bcd369t scanner and tonight the audio started cutting out on me,now I only listen to the OPP and whatever else uses fleetnet like MTO and the ambulances and such,my problem is only happening when the OPP is talking.The problem is the audio from the OPP cuts out sometimes,most of the time it's intermittent and I can't hear them good at all.I can hear the Elliot Lake OPP just fine,but sometimes when the Manotoulin OPP comes on it starts cutting out like they are too far away yet I have had no problems hearing them before.I checked all my settings,close call is off and priority is off also,so what could be the problem?is it just a bad night to get Manotoulin OPP or could it be something else?I should mention that I the bars for signal strength look great.I hope this makes sense and someone can help me,any help at all would be appreciated thanks

trike_rider

Hey again,the problem seems to have gone away this morning,I'm guessing it was just bad reception,that is what I'm hoping anyway.So thanks anyway folks.

69stiles

A lot of times their equipment is just as quirky as ours. Weather can also make something very clear sound very weak the next day. Then there's maintenance that gets done regularly too. Probably nothing wrong at your end but anything with wireless technology can mess up a good link too. Watch out for pc's, cell phones with bluetooth on, & baby monitors.

trike_rider

Ok well thanks anyway for replying,I think I just jumped the gun and immediately thought the worst,the worst being my scanner was broken,I just thought that because in the 3 years I have had it I never had it act like that.I only listen to emergency services because there's not much else around here to listen to except taxi's and a few other things,thanks again and take care

Status
Not open for further replies.